1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Western Conference Semifinals] (1)Golden State vs. (5)Portland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 30, 2016.

?

(1)Golden State vs. (5)Portland

Poll closed May 2, 2016.
  1. Warriors in 4

18.8%
  2. Warriors in 5

36.3%
  3. Warriors in 6

26.3%
  4. Warriors in 7

2.5%
  5. Blazers in 7

5.0%
  6. Blazers in 6

8.8%
  7. Blazers in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Blazers in 4

2.5%
  1. JonathanK

JonathanK Member

I deserved that :p But you did know what I mean. Grrr! 20/20 yeah, yeah.

1 person likes this.
  2. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Anybody think Green is in the same situation with Rondo when he was with the Celtics?

Playing alongside with good players that are willing to give up the ball. All they need to do is hustle and play defense.

3. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Hubie brown is known to be repetitive, but he is absolutely right about the warriors fantastic defensive rotations. its exactly the opposite of the Rockets. And its not just the incredible presence of Bogut and Green, its everyone, from Barnes, Klay, Iggy, Livingston to even bench warmers like Ian Clark.

And their passing and movement... thing of beauty. Even though I watched every warriors game I miss or take these things for granted due to Stephs brilliance, but only the Spurs are in the same league in these elements.

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I can't believe how deceivingly athletic Bogut is. He's got horrid posture and passive demeanor but gets way up there for a lob and then challenges Plumlee's tomahawk for a block shot. Yeah he's dirty but he sure can cover it up with those plays. "I ain't dirty because I don't have to be!"

5. Rocketeer4Life

Golden State is such a smart team as they take advantage of every mismatch. Its unfortunate that the Rockets seems so far away in basketball IQ and unselfishness.

6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The Blazers are multiple times better than the Rockets.. Heck, I notice more and more how overrated the Rockets are since even last year. There's no athletic guy to compliment Harden. How do you compete when you don't have a Barnes or Harkless that can finish a lob just like that? I remember some posters even claiming Houston was the fastest, longest, most athletic team in basketball after a string of good games. What a joke. So far from being contenders. Brewer, Ariza, and McDaniels couldn't catch and finish that Plumlee to Harkless lob.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

McDaniels certainly could, it's the only way he even scores but he could.

Rockets could be more athletic if they played McDaniels and Harrell.

8. OTMax

OTMax Member

I still think the Spurs are better even with Curry.

9. Asian Sensation

Sweep the leg!

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Harden would be getting endless media and Twitter assault if he turned in a performance like Lillard today

11. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

did Lillard claim to be the best player in the league before the season?

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If I'm a Blazer fan I sure hope so. I would hate to have a 'Franchise' player that isn't confident enough to think that. With that loser mentality then they would never win a championship.

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

But even then, D12 is just ya know. He wouldn't think nor be able to throw a lob in Plumlee's situation. It's horrid you pay Howard so much when he's not remotely worth it.

14. what

what Member

mccollum and lillard really do remind me of steph and klay. With Crabbe and Hothead, the blazers are probably the closest to recreating the warriors.

If they sign Bizmack or Festus they will be even closer.

15. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Nice to know the Rockets aren't the only team to fall behind by 20-points to Curry-less Warriors after one quarter...

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Klay Thompson has 21 3-pointers in his last 3 games, the most by any player in a 3-game postseason span (Stephen Curry's 20 was prev record)</p>&mdash; ESPN Stats &amp; Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/726893620909985792">May 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The Spurs are the superior comparison.

18. Fundamental

Fundamental Rookie

no green can actually shoot the 3....that alone is so crucial in being a good player in today's NBA....but in some ways yes, green is the PF version of rondo in terms of energy, rebounding, passing and defense

#79 Fundamental, May 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2019
  19. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

That 40 AND 1 record at home is a huge blow to the Spurs psychy, I think, and the most amazing accomplishment by the Warriors this season (more amazing than the 73 record).

Warriors have the edge psychologically going into that series.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

Doubt it. spurs psychy is well established. They're never rattled no matter the results