1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Western Conference Playoff Standings (prediction)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zoplicone, Oct 15, 2013.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

LAC
    Houston
    OKC
    SA
    GSW
    MEM
    DEN
    MIN

2. jlowe362

jlowe362 Member

Good one

I like your style! GO ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!!!

3. awc713

awc713 Member

pelicans are gonna surprise some people this year...they have quite a squad, and they played pretty well towards the end of last year.

jrue, eric gordon, anthony davis is a very strong core

add in tyreke running the 2nd team and you've got a pretty lethal rotation, esp. when you consider ryan anderson and co.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Still doubting the spurs and overrating the clippers. What's new?

5. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Go to ESPN.com and check out the comment thread in any article about the Lakers or Dwight Howard. There is a large portion of the Laker faithful that actually think this is a contending year for the purple and gold. I wonder how long before they become Clippers fans?

6. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I would flip the Warriors and Memphis. For the Lakers, they look like a mess. I don't expect them to contend for the playoffs without major changes or one of Kobe, Nash, or Gasol discovering the fountain of youth. I put the odds of one of those happening at about the same odds as Cousins figuring things out.

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

From what I have seen so far, I don't think anyone can keep the Rockets from the number one seed. I don't care about the rest of them. The Rockets are big, fast, talented, and deep. What's not to like?

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Spurs
    Rockets
    Clippers
    Warriors
    Thunder
    Grizzlies
    Mavericks
    Lakers

9. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

1. Rockets (Harden is going to have a monster season. I can feel it.)
    2. Clippers
    3. OKC (best team once Westbrook is healthy and in form again. I see Durant taking another step forward.)
    4. Spurs
    5. Pelicans(Yea, I said it. Anthony Davis is a beast. I think he and Jrue are going to play well together)
    6. Warriors
    7. Grizzlies
    8. Minnesota/Lakers

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

To be fair, I think 7 - 12 all look like messes or potential catastrophes in some way. Some better than others of course, but if you have a player like Kobe on your roster, you can't leave out the possibility of them winning games they aren't supposed to in the regular season if Kobe is right health wise.

Most likely- Kaman breaks down after 10 games, Nick Young does Nick Young things, Nash's back happens, Gasol starts playing un-inspired, and Kobe takes longer to get back then people think & doesn't look 100% for a few months.

However, I'm not going to say they have no chance at all. If anything, I should put Sacramento at #13 as a team that has a chance if Cousins finally figures it out, and their GM makes trades to straighten out their roster. You're right that they probably have as good a chance as the Lakers at this point, and I like the surrounding pieces around Cousins WAY better than that around Kobe.

11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Rockets - Let the good times begin.
    Clippers - Doc Rivers helps their defense
    Spurs - Another year older but they will challange the Rockets and Clipps all season for the best record
    Warriors -
    OKC - Due to Westbrook being out and no Kevin Martin or James Harden on the bench, they will suffer a small set back.
    Memphis
    Dallas - Dirk is healthy, shooters, penitrators and not much defense
    Portland

Denver - falls out of the play-offs due to too many changes and injuries but they will battle Dallas and Portland all season for the last play-off spot.

Lakers - Let the good times roll! They Suck!

12. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Two teams that I believe will do much better than people believe: Denver and Utah. Both have a 10+ game home court advantage due to the altitude (Utah's is actually 12+ games). And Denver won 55 games last season and still have a boatload of talent on the roster.

13. NewAge

NewAge Member

Just watched Bill Simmons and Jalen Rose preview on the Blazers. Simmons thinks, like I do, the Blazers and not the Twolves make the playoffs, he even bet Jalen on it.
    Except! He's ranked them 9th in the West. What an idiot!

Even though POR are ranked 16th, they don't make the playoffs because he's already put in 8 Eastern teams in the bottom 14. So Washington, ranked 20th actually should make the playoffs as 8th East seed. Hilarious fail.

http://www.grantland.com/nbapreview2013

14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I picked the same teams to make the west as he did then. They will probably be in a very different order. I don't see Portland beating out Dallas, look at Dallas' record last year and look at how many games dirk missed. Denver won a lot of games last year so even with danillo injury and Iggy lost they shouldn't have that big of a drop off, Lawson and Faried are still getting better.

15. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Oh you're saying he picks them in the playoffs. Haha. Either way I picked the top 8 like he did. Can't explain his miscalculation

16. AXG

AXG Member

Based on regular season standings:

1. LAC
    2. SAS
    3. Houston
    4. OKC
    5. Golden State
    6. Memphis
    7. Denver
    8. Dallas
    9. Minnesota
    10. LAL
    11. Portland
    12. New Orleans
    13. Sacramento
    14. Phoenix
    15. Utah

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

1. Rockets
    2. Spurs
    3. Okc
    4. I don't care about the rest.

18. Raven

Raven Member

Clippers (CP has MVP season)
    Rockets (WCF - book it)
    Spurs (great coach, front office, system)
    Thunder (tick tick tick)
    GS (not buying the hype)
    Dallas (will feed off weak teams)
    Memphis or Minny (who cares?)
    Lakers (ha ha, no lottery for LA)

19. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Good Guys
    OKC
    LAC
    GS
    SA
    MEM
    NO
    LAL

God forbids, injuries hit us.

20. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

Thunder (Westbrook will be back sooner than expected)
    Clippers
    Rockets
    Spurs (I think they will save their firepower for the playoffs)
    Warriors
    Grizzlies
    Wolves
    Mavs