1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Western Conference Finals] Spurs vs. Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets34Legend, May 19, 2008.

1. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

gasol was hit on the last 3 lobs to the basket and no calls.

and duncan suddenly has found that bank shot he hasn't hit all year.

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

bryant cannot do anything v. bowen.

3. francis 4 prez

kobe has had a ton of 3 point attempts nearly shatter the backboard in these playoffs. i don't know what is up with his 3 point shot.

stupid shots by fisher and turiaf here. fisher can't hit today and turiaf never can and they've wasted 2 possessions.

and now tim duncan is throwing up lucky crap and getting it to go.

edit: like jvg says, does anybody scout tendencies? tim duncan has been in the league for a decade and has brought his arms up through the defender for all 10 of those and turiaf just puts his arm right over duncan's to set up the move perfectly, you could just see it coming. how stupid.

4. t_mac1

they gotta start doubling kobe. he has found his rhythm.

5. francis 4 prez

man the spurs are amazing at catching the breaks. kobe almost steals it but it gets to bowen and then bowen just raises up right on kobe and drains a 3. their role players have just been ridiculous on shooting in these playoffs. i know he's shown up tonight, but duncan can go to the bench and watch good things happen just b/c the spurs have amazing role players outside the big 3.

edit: if derek fisher forces one more mother****ing jumper i'm gonna scream. kobe is on fire and you're taking long jumpers. i don't care if you normally make them, you can't tonight and are just throwing away possessions. and why odom didn't give it to on fire kobe instead of ice cold fisher on that break i have no idea.

6. LFE171

LFE171 Member

odom needs to come thru for these guys. kobe cant do it all

7. The Brian

The Brian Member

it was obvious kobe would catch fire eventually.

8. jlwee

jlwee Member

Typical kobe bryant's hollywood's movie script. Try to cruise in the first half then be a hero in the second half in the expense of his team success!

9. t_mac1

manu is sucking hard like ray allen tonight

10. francis 4 prez

it's amazing how well the spurs can maintain a small lead for a long time. they're just going to be up 3-6 the rest of this game and win it like always.

edit: odom, try not sucking for a while. blows another layup, drops the rebound, leaves finley open. hey, made the layup!

11. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Is anyone else's TNT volume lower then other channels?

I gotta jack the volume up to hear the game then when I change channels and I forget to lower the volume, I almost damage my spakers.

12. t_mac1

lakers' D is just suffocating right now. spurs cannot get a good look at the basket.

13. francis 4 prez

fisher again. do anything but that shot, even if the clock is running down.

and then fisher with a non-shooting foul, not good.

last possession the manu/pau mismatch was a blessing for the spurs since kobe didn't shoot.

huge no call there. duncan hacked big time by gasol and then ball called out on duncan. since finley is on the spurs, i consider that a makeup call from 2005.

14. ccjj

ccjj Contributing Member

Check your TV's manual. It might have something call "Automatic Volume Level". Turn it on.

15. t_mac1

this loss will be on manu (but nobody will blame him) b/c he's letting his team down completely.

16. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Anyone wondering how far the NBA is willing to go to get their Lakers-Celtics matchup needs to watch that play. Unbelievable.

17. francis 4 prez

huge makeup call there. gasol hacked on the drive, then ball out on ginobili, ball to spurs. finley for a 3 here.

18. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I love watching the Spurs crumble like this !

19. francis 4 prez

they got the makeup call in there. lakers definitely haven't gotten any great breaks tonight once that was evened up.

spurs incredibly fortunate yet again on a bad play. duncan misses, 2 lakers there for the rebound, ball somehow knocked into the hoop. spurs always win these types of games. look for odom or kobe to leave someone open for the game winning 3. then a kobe brick to finish off the night.

20. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Don't know about the hack, but there was no doubt the ball was out on Ginobli. Definitely a make up call. You knew it was coming after the refs called the earlier ball out on Duncan.