1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Western Conference Finals] (1)Golden State vs. (3)Portland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 12, 2019.

?

(1)Golden State vs. (3)Portland

Poll closed May 14, 2019.
  1. Warriors in 4

19.4%
  2. Warriors in 5

38.7%
  3. Warriors in 6

24.2%
  4. Warriors in 7

3.2%
  5. Blazers in 7

8.1%
  6. Blazers in 6

4.8%
  7. Blazers in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Blazers in 4

1.6%
  1. biina

biina Member

People always focus on GS stars but ignore how well coach the role players are

2. biina

biina Member

So why didnt anyone else, including Rockets sign Cousins last summer?

GSW do what they need to do to put their team in a position to win championships.

Cuongzilla likes this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

So you are GS fan then? Right?

4. smp

smp Member

Cousins did what KD did - took the easiest path to a ring. He's about to get one barely even playing in the playoffs. Anyone could join GS and win a ring. Maybe Harden and CP3 should join GS for 1 season too. Just to make sure they get at least 1 ring before retiring. I guess there's really no reason to stop at 5 allstars. Fill out the whole roster with ring chasing All stars.

In fact, I have another great idea. GS should start selling one roster spot each year to billionaires so they can win an NBA title too. It can just be a little factory over there. Every roster spot filled with All stars and 1 billionaire. Haha.

everyday eddie, jcf and HP3 like this.
  5. biina

biina Member

I am a fan of any team that despite winning so much, will still do whatever they can to make themselves better.

If Rockets can assemble 12 all-stars, you wont hear me complaining and in fact will be quite happy

6. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

Today's sweep should be a light bulb for any marquee free agent. Yes you can go to the Clippers, or the Lakers. But yes you will be stuck in mediocrity for years with no chance to beat GS. That clipper warriors series was an absolute fluke and we all know it. This trailblazer team was good i wouldn't even say they were just "solid", they were good in beating the second seed Nuggets and got swept by the warriors.

Let's just say you Add kawhi to the clippers (Not close to the talent he currently has in Toronto), Add AD to the Lakers both of those teams don't sniff 6 games vs this warrior team. The rockets are the only legitimate contender in the West, as of current we will not beat them but you add JB and things would be interesting. Idiotic of these players to start their own franchises when they have no shot

everyday eddie likes this.
  7. biina

biina Member

while you will be spending the rest of your days whining about it!

Cuongzilla likes this.
  8. jcf

jcf Member

I'm a little conflicted right now. Gave the like because I think you are complimenting the Rockets but started out in a different direction. :)

#628 jcf, May 21, 2019
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
  9. TimDuncanDonaut

Swept in the WCF. I wouldn't want be Portland right now.

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Haven't followed the thread, so I don't know if it's been posted, but.... take these for data!

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

Every team does that LOL. Doesnt mean anyone has to like them. No one blames them for having 5 all stars but that comes with a lot. So you dont need to cape for them and whoever they meet in the finals will give them a hard time. If they dont have KD they will have a good chance to lose.

I hope not cause that makes us look week as hell.

12. HP3

HP3 Member

Like I said no one has to like them you dont have to cape for them.

13. smp

smp Member

Spend the rest of my days whining? Hahaha! Yeah, that's not happening. I'm just poking fun at the absurdity of it all. It really is ridiculous if you stop to think about it. Cousins and KD joined a championship proven 73 win team of all stars in their prime.

If you can't see how that cheapens their success then I'm not sure what I could say to convince you.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

I thought Portland could take at least 1 game against Warriors without Durant.

I was wrong.

15. jayland

jayland Member

Still a lot better than being swept in the first round like last year.

hakeem94 and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  16. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yeah they run into the dynasty
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

100% agree, however they also ignore how much role refs have in their success.. they are not any better than any of the top 4-5 teams in the league... its juts that the whistle and non whistle constantly goes in their favor

19. biina

biina Member

To cheapen a success implies there is success that can be cheapen.

Westbrick, Harden, et al will not have that luxury if they dont win it all.

The notion of "winning the right way" is overvalued primarily by those who fail to win.

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

are you gonna just sit there and pretend the refs werent gift-wrapped the worriers game 1?
    rockets are better than this worriers team, if this werent the case there would be no game 1 rig job