1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Western Conference Finals] (1)Golden State vs. (3)Portland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 12, 2019.

?

(1)Golden State vs. (3)Portland

Poll closed May 14, 2019.
  1. Warriors in 4

19.4%
  2. Warriors in 5

38.7%
  3. Warriors in 6

24.2%
  4. Warriors in 7

3.2%
  5. Blazers in 7

8.1%
  6. Blazers in 6

4.8%
  7. Blazers in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Blazers in 4

1.6%
  1. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I agree, but the fans wanted to see the passion. Besides Tucker it just wasn’t there.

2. HP3

HP3 Member

Nah, theres nothing wrong with believing we can win. He believes our guys can compete, you dont.

3. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Can not stand them. Please Milwaukee or Toronto shut them up.

4. Mr. Space City

Rockets may not be comparable talent wise to the warriors, but the system and style the rockets play (that morey haters hate) drags the warriors down to the rockets level.

If cp3 wasn’t washed and Clint capela could box out and finish over and through smaller defenders then the rockets would have realistically beat them.

hakeem94, everyday eddie, jcf and 2 others like this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You're the one who is always acting like a b****, crying about Anderson and how he molested you and the salary cap. I'm the one telling you whining ass b****es to stop crying about what you don't have and win with what you got. It isn't unrealistic to me that Harden can beat the clown ass Warriors if he just showed a little more urgency.

Manage your expectation when thinking the Rockets will ever get a super team. You might as well stop watching the Rockets now.

YOLO, hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

They competed just like I expected them to.

They also lost just like I expected them to.

If folks would have done risk analysis given the roster and the history of the teams, with Warriors having the home court advantage, and Rockets being the 4th seed, the series outcome is about what you should expect.

Problem is, this board oversells this team the entire off-season and regular season.

#606 Zboy, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
  7. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

And that was against the 73-9 Warriors while Harden had the imploding 2016 Rockets.

everyday eddie and Sajan like this.
  8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I was right about Anderson. He was a massive negative when he was here and his contract has adversely stifled the team from upgrading.

I was also right about tempering the expectations of the team the way it was built.

I was right on both accounts.

And you can build a team to beat this Warriors, Its just last season not enough was done in that regards.

Which is why I wasnt really that upset when the Rockets lost. I expected that outcome.

9. smp

smp Member

We are fans. Each year we hope this is the one. Truth be told though, if any of us had to bet our life savings on GS or the Rockets, everyone one of us would have bet GS.

At least I would have. Every year. I won't truly believe we are favorites until we have as many all stars as GS.

3 > 1. Even if that one is really really good.

Zboy likes this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

The reality is we beat them without KD and then lost to them without him. They are not a better team without him, no matter waht anyone says. We could have won. Honestly if we had just one better role player, we beat them. They are not that much better than us like you are suggesting.

We are better than a 4th seed. Thats being proven by how close we played them. The fact is, we should have made a better trade at the deadline. We are not overmatched like you are suggesting.

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I didnt say we are over matched. We are not that far off.

But if you are objective, you would have also admitted to yourself that this team just didnt have enough pieces to beat the Warriors in a 7 game series , especially without HCA.

I was just disgusted by Rockets fans' crucifixion of James Harden after he put his soul into the entire season and playoffs. The man literally carried the team on his shoulders the entire season and I saw him bust his tail in the post season. He doesnt have the depth of the Warriors team, where players can go at 50% and still get the #1 seed, and then have fresh legs for playoffs. No such luxury for him.

But when he couldn't get it done against a super team, despite every game being really close, and getting blatantly robbed in game 1, his own fans turned on him.

hakeem94, jcf and HP3 like this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Anderson being not good enough and the Golden State Warriors being better than the Rockets are not novel ideas, man. You act like you are the only one on the board who thought these things.

My expectation for Harden is a championship. I think he is that good. I won't temper my expectation.

YOLO, hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  13. smp

smp Member

The seven game series record is 4 to 0 GS. Some of those series were close, but that stat says it all. If it was just a coin flip situation at least 1 of those should go our way.

They always find a way to do a little more than us. We have been outmatched. Maybe next year we can turn the tables.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. YallMean

YallMean Member

clear and present danger my azz. Lol at Kenny and Chucky. Dumbazzes

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You cant cripple your team with contracts and players like Anderson and then also expect Harden to win a championship with a crippled team.

Sorry it does not work that way.

There are repercussions for bad decisions and contracts.

Margins of error are very slim against the Warriors team.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

Ok fair enough.

With KD, yea I believe that. Leave KD out at teh beginning of this series and I think we win. Yea I believe that. Because KD being gone does make them a worse team it does. That is objective.

Agreed there. Harden is not without blame though, that I will say. he could have played ALOT better in the 4th in game 6.

I reakky agree with you man, i wish you could be this way with some of our other players.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

Im talking about this series, each series is different.

18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

We know this. Just accentuating for the media to know.

19. Mr. Space City

Can’t play Kanter?

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. smp

smp Member

The interviews drive me crazy. "How did you do it Curry"?

I want someone to nut up and ask him "How nice is it to have 5 all stars on your team such that you can lose 2 of them to injury and still have at least one more than any other team in the West?"

Or how about "Do you think it's good for the league to have 5 all stars on a single team when many others are lucky to have 1?"

slothy420, hakeem94 and Houstunna like this.