1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Western Conference Finals] (1)Golden State vs. (3)Oklahoma City

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, May 12, 2016.

?

Who wins?

1. Warriors in 4

8 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. Warriors in 5

42 vote(s)
    14.2%
  3. Warriors in 6

77 vote(s)
    26.0%
  4. Warriors in 7

27 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Thunder in 4

4 vote(s)
    1.4%
  6. Thunder in 5

9 vote(s)
    3.0%
  7. Thunder in 6

85 vote(s)
    28.7%
  8. Thunder in 7

37 vote(s)
    12.5%
  9. Other (Specify)

7 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. what

what Member

You missed the biggest dbag of all. Danny "dbag" ainge.

2. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

This series has potential to be great. For the most part, the matchups between the two in the regular season were very good and OKC is playing better than they have all year.

The thing that excites about this series rather than SAS/GS is the athleticism of OKC. They can actually match what GSW have to offer and can match up. Westbrook vs Curry will be a lot of fun.

I think the Thunder are coming in with nobody behind them and really no pressure on them to win. Nobody honestly expects them to.

OKC in 6 or 7. I think you're looking at your 2016 Champs.

1 person likes this.
  3. s.b713

s.b713 Member

Hope OKC wins, want him to remain with his current team

4. watashi315

watashi315 Member

Regardless, OKC and Cavs will give GS a run for their money this year unlike last year with a slew of key injuries to opposing teams.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is not a sure thing for GS, the Thunder are peaking at the right time and GS has struggled against the young upstart Blazers at times.

I think GS has trouble with physical teams and Westbrook and Adams are very physical type players. It will be interesting to see who can guard Westbrook and I can't see any of them handling them especially with all the switching they do.

Unlike Harden & the Rockets, Westbrook has plenty of weapons to help him score - most notably Durant.

I think GS is going to be in a dangerous fight and it's going to take a great series by Curry - he's going to have to really prove his MVP worth right now. Klay Thompson - I think he will struggle against OKC's D - look at what they did to Danny Greene.

Thunder in 7

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Which okc is going to show up this round. The one that gives up that 4th quarter lead in all their meetings this year. Or the okc that played at the end of the spurs series. the okc team that played from game 3 on were pretty solid and definitely capable of giving GS trouble

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

That OKC team almost blew the lead last night.

8. lalala902102001

People still underestimate the Warriors even after they put together the best regular season of all time. Curry is back and healthy. They are going to win the series. GS in 6 or 7.

9. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Draymond Green can give him some trouble

10. Handles

Handles Member

Refs will take this to 6 or 7 but GS will prevail.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This is a weird comment. I mean, Durant is so good that you could argue no one in the league can guard him, but if any team can do well against a good offensive wing, it's the Warriors.

Iggy and Draymond are both great (even if Iggy is a flopping b****), Klay, Barnes, and Livingston can be good, and Bogut is a great rim protector should KD be able to get by those guys. Ezeli is a decent rim protector too.

12. marky :)

marky :) Member

I'm more excited to see who Steven Adams is going to fight in this series. Green and/or Bogut.

13. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

At the end of the day though, Durant averaged like 40 vs them this year, and they still lost every game.

14. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I think the Thunder is gonna shock everybody and beat the Warriors in 6 or 7.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

They can do the same thing they did with lebron. They give him different looks throughout the game and they have plenty of bodys that aren't small to guard him. its not like GS isn't the best defensive team in the league.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I hope the OKC Thunder destroy the Warriors. Would love, love, love to see a Thunder/Cavs finals.

Down the the Warriors, down with the Curry love fest!

17. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Hope Curry and company destroy OKC.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I love that there is an "Other" in this poll, LOL. So I go with Thunder in 3! Screw you, Warriors.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Warriors/Thunder will feature last 3 scoring champions: 2016 Stephen Curry (30.1 PPG), 2015 Russell Westbrook (28.1), 2014 Kevin Durant (32)</p>&mdash; Ben Golliver (@BenGolliver) <a href="https://twitter.com/BenGolliver/status/731139476307644416">May 13, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

There won't be many defensive rebounding for OKC in that case, the GSW should make a very high % shots if OKC stays with their bigs.

It's a different story on the offensive glass. OKC will have a chance if they can dominate the offensive glass. But Green, Barnes, and Iggy are terrific rebounders, so we'll see how this plays out.

People forgot that this Warriors team have won 73 games, never lost two games in a row the whole season, and Curry only played in a couple of the playoff games so far. It would take OKC play above their current level FOUR times to beat the Warriors, which is just not very likely.

#80 daoshi, May 13, 2016
    Last edited: May 13, 2016