1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Western Conference Finals] (1)Golden State vs. (3)Oklahoma City

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, May 12, 2016.

?

Who wins?

1. Warriors in 4

8 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. Warriors in 5

42 vote(s)
    14.2%
  3. Warriors in 6

77 vote(s)
    26.0%
  4. Warriors in 7

27 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Thunder in 4

4 vote(s)
    1.4%
  6. Thunder in 5

9 vote(s)
    3.0%
  7. Thunder in 6

85 vote(s)
    28.7%
  8. Thunder in 7

37 vote(s)
    12.5%
  9. Other (Specify)

7 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. Jontro

Jontro Member

OKC in 4.

2. andersongo

andersongo Member

The problem with going small against the Thunder is that you better hope that your jumper is falling the first time around because you are going to get destroyed on the boards. I'm talking about an 80% rebound advantage which means no fast breaks on offense and lots of second chances on defense.

3. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

yeah. last year the cavs tried to stay big (because they didn't really have a choice) and they killed gs on the boards but they just didn't have any offense to keep up overall. thunder actually have offense. don't think they can win but maybe they can actually make the rebounding advantage really matter versus what they will inevitably give up on offense by going big.

4. PeppermintCandy

GSW will probably win it, but I'm rooting for an OKC upset.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

Is everyone but ESPN rooting for OKC?

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I hope Westy rough houses hairless armpit guy

7. Fantasma Negro

There is no one on Golden State's roster that can guard Durant. This is going to be an interesting series, I can see this one easily going 7 games

8. Pete the Cheat

probably won't be a popular take...

but for all the trashing of hero ball...that's essentially the OKC offense. just so happens they have 2 guys that can make it happen as opposed to 1...

defensively I think OKC has the personnel to match up with GSWl...it's going to be an exciting series. my head says Warriors in 7 but my heart says Thunder in 6.

9. what

what Member

It's either going to be the thunder in 6 or the warriors in 7, no doubt.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

Are you saying that the Warriors might make their first major misstep?

If so, I'm all game.

11. Pete the Cheat

This is what makes this series so compelling to me. A serious argument can be made that OKC has two players better than the MVP.
    TWO MFers standing over there saying "he has my trophy"

12. what

what Member

Nope, I'm not saying that. I do think however that the warriors are going to have their first REAL CHANCE to lose going against a team that is not only healthy but confident.

The Steven Adams experiment is beginning to show good results, plus Kanter is playing well.

Though the warriors don't lose at home ever. It may just end up being a hca series. We'll see.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Let's go Cit!

14. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

These two should light it up in the scoring column.

As to the victor-

OKC certainly won't enjoy the ridiculous mismatch in the backcourt/athleticism like against SA.

That said ...Things have come together nicely for them.

- A mostly healthy Durant, fully integrated & playing at this level is HUGE.

- A more mature/about winning/tighter Westbrook who gets it.

- AND OF MASSIVE IMPORTANCE - GOLDEN STATE'S ACHILLES HEEL .....THE SOFT UNDERBELLY OF THE INTERIOR.
    IT IS HERE THAT ENES KANTER, DURANT, ETC. SHOULD DOMINATE.

OKC in 6.

15. juanm34

juanm34 Member

If Westbrook can control his headless basketball plays to a very,very minimum. OKC might pull it off. I expect Westbrook to cost OKC 2 games if he can not control himself. Durant will be Durant and get his.

16. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

It comes down to Durant and Westbrook elevating the game to another level. They have to be aggressive. These 2 can match & most nights even out work Curry n Klay.

The bigs for OKC have to be used.

If the Thunder can steal 1 early, it should get interesting. They play well off momentum.

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I didn't pay much attention to the standings this season with the Warriors and Spurs dominating the league and the Rockets mired in mediocrity.

But if OKC pulls off the upset, both the Cavs AND Raptors would have home court advantage in the Finals.

18. i3artow i3aller

I put on, I put on, I put on, I put on
    I put on for my cit, on on for my cit

19. Oracle

Oracle Member

I voted for GSW in 6, but this is a very real issue that can turn the tables. In my opinion you can't overlook the rebounds. That was the major reason that neutralized the Spurs. The OKC has Westbrook and Roberson to put on Curry and Thompson leaving Adams/Kanter/Ibaka having their way on the boards. However, Bogut and Ezeli are very good rebounders as well, but their low minutes per game blurs that picture a bit. This will be a real chess game between the coaches (like the finals last year).

20. conquistador#11

analysis you won't get anywhere else.
    :cue nbc on nba music:

this will be one the greatest matches in history and by history, I mean the past 2 years.
    You have the battle of D as in dbags: Bogut vs adams, both longing to replace the void left by legendary Ds, such as Fisher, lambeer and stockton
    then, you have a clash of philosophical integrity. I'm reminded of Descartes of the enlightenment period, "Perfect numbers like perfect men are rare."
    Team ball vs Iso ball, hoosiers vs above the rim, only one can advance for the hope of reaching the ultimate prize.