1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Western Conf. 1st Round] LA Fakers vs. Utah j*zz

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets34Legend, Apr 15, 2009.

Tags:
?

Kobe vs. D-Will

1. Fakers

289 vote(s)
    88.4%
  2. j*zz

38 vote(s)
    11.6%
  1. redao

redao Member

The best scenario :

Lakers win.
    Kobe injured.

2. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Considering their road woes, it looks like the Jazz will get slaughtered every day in LA. Hopefully they step it up at home and take it to 7.

And by 'they' I mean the refs.

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

Jazz are struggling at the wrong time.

Lakers in 6.

4. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

lakers in 5

5. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Lakers in 5, but i'm hoping the Jazz push them to their limits...I can't ever root for the Jazz. EVER.

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Lakers in 4 or 5. Kobe and co. are on a mission. Jazz will still give them some problems, but I don't see them losing a game or two over that.

7. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

I love this matchup. What better opener for our only long term threat LA than the bruising, 'turn-basketball-into-football' Utah. Of course they won't win 4, but it wouldn't be a stretch to say they win 2 or 3. The more games in a physical series like this, the better for the Rockets.

Tentatively, Go Jazz.

8. MacYao223

MacYao223 Member

Lakers don't cheat and fool the refs to win games, Kobe just burries you with his will to win. Sure they do have some floppers on their roster with Fisher, Gasoft, and Vujacic, but it's Kobe who destroys teams at the end of games

9. archinkent

archinkent Member

well i just read sloan doesnt like the jazz chances against lakers. if the coach is not even confident about winning, then i dont see utah winning at all. i didnt recall sloan saying this when they played us.

10. The_Dream

The_Dream Member

I actually want the Jazz to win because since they suck on the road, if we they somehow win and we make it to the second round, I think we'll be able to take care of them.
    Though the chances might be slim, I'm gonna be an optimist :cool:

11. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Lakers in 4.

12. krayziefl

krayziefl Member

ugh i hate both, Lakers more though so deron williams

13. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

The Lakers will win it obviously but you gotta at least hope for a nasty, physical and tiring seven game series. In the event we advance we'll need every advantage we can get. And speaking of that, part of me will be rooting for the Jazz in this one. As much as it sickens me to do that we have a better chance of beating the Jazz in a playoff series than the Lakers. I think by now that much is irrefutable.

14. I_Luv_U_LA

I_Luv_U_LA Member

This will be a tough one.. its never easy to play the jazz no matter how they are performing.. this one goes to 6 i guess with the lakers winning in ESA just like last season .. we didnt have any answer for deron last year and i dont think this is going to change this series .. I hope im wrong :D

15. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I think this series will go 7, but most of the games the Lakers win will be blowouts. But, the ones they lose will be really tight.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

After reading some of Jerry Sloan's comments, I'm concerned the Jazz will not even put up a fight.

17. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

What comments? Sloan said the pressure is on the Lakers. What else?

18. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

The Lakers are so cocky right now, I wouldn't be surprised if they slipped a little bit. But, they are still on that mission to get back to the Finals and win it, so you can't blame them.

19. Asian Sensation

Reverse psychology. He's probably saying his teams full of a bunch of worthless sack's (true story by the way) to see what they're made of. Jazz are going to win at least 2 games in SLC.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

http://www.sltrib.com/jazz/ci_12151023

Part of it:

For a 67-year-old coach who never has seen an obstacle that hard work couldn't overcome, Jerry Sloan sounded almost fatalistic about the Jazz's prospects in their first-round playoff series against the Los Angeles Lakers.

Sloan called the situation "pretty bleak," described the Jazz as a "little dent in the road" as far as the Lakers' championship aspirations, and sang the praises of a 65-win team with perhaps the best player on the planet in Kobe Bryant.

"They're a terrific team," Sloan said. "They pass the ball, they do about everything you would ask a team to do. They've got guys that can make big shots, guys that just know how to play basketball, make the game look simple."