1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook will be the next Marbury or Steve Francis

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by typhooonn, May 7, 2011.

1. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

2. plates300

plates300 Member

exactly. you have to move the ball around and make Memphis's defense move. You sure as heck won't get Durant the ball by just pounding the ball for 20 seconds.

3. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

...and what would those players do with the ball? Give it right back to Westbrook / Durant?

The Grizzlies aren't going to double team any of the players you listed. Most of the time, they would probably even let those guys take semi-open jumpers.

With all the hype surrounding the Perkins trade, and how it made OKC man up on defense, like x 1000, the fatal flaw of the team is that there is no other go-to scorer on the offense side of the ball.

Defense wins championships, yes, but when Durant is shut down by Tony Allen, and your playmaker is forced to be a ball stopper, since Durant is shut down and the other three players on the floor can't do much on offense, you're effectively in a catch-22.

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yes Perkins should never ever taouch the ball on offense. I have never seen a Center that bad on offense as he is. Horrible hands and when he does catch it he pumpfakes 5 damn times instead of going up like a man. It has gotten to that point where if Perkins gets an offensive rebound he should pass it back out unless he is wide open for a dunk.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

I will never understand the pass Kevin Durant is given. If this was Dirk he would be called soft but since it's Durant all blame goes to Westbrook.

Durant yelled "this is my ****ing team" after he went off against the Nuggets to close them out. Well play like it's your team consistently then.

7. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Yea it tells him to shoot more, but shooting will be more of his job. Right now his job is to control the tempo of the game and get his teammates easy shots, but I think he would like it better if he could just just be a scorer. Lets not all forget he didnt play PG in college.

#27 T-mac&Yao=RING, May 8, 2011
    Last edited: May 8, 2011
  8. verse

verse Contributing Member

Cleverly disguised UT homer thread.
    :grin:

9. stab

stab Member

You know, for getting to the rim almost at will, RW seems to miss a lot a lay-ups..

10. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Ball movement > Westbrook playing 1-on-1

....even if Westbrook gets the ball back.

I guess the blame goes to Brooks for not calling a timeout and making them at least run a half-ass play on offense....or to put in Harden after he seen they weren't getting anything to go in.

11. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

The first few times I ever saw Westbrook play I thought he was the second coming of Francis. He's an amazingly athletic combo guard who works hard on the boards and sometimes makes mistakes (not because of selfishness, just because he thinks he's making the right decision).

I don't think he's like Marbury at all. Marbury was a much better passer than both but often got too flashy and wanted the spotlight more than anything.