1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook vs Paul: Playoffs the last 3 years

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 14, 2019.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It always comes back to Rubio

I love you, Holic. lmfao.

basketballholic likes this.
  2. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

You do realize that in game one, all Jazz’ lineups featuring Rudy Gobert were outscored by 23 points, right? His play contributed to that result. In fact, he had the worst +/- of any Jazz player that night, so I’d say he certainly wasn’t good, despite his counting statistics. That’s precisely why more advanced metrics like +/- exist.

3. basketballholic

It is an absolute fact. Rustbrick is a woese shooter than Rubio from everywhere outside of 3 foot from the rim.

Ha!

J Sizzle likes this.
  4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Westbrook. > CP3 & Rubio

5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Westbrook is the best rebounding Point Guard of all time.

The Rockets were the worst rebounding team in the NBA during the playoffs.

I'm excited to see Westbrook grab some wild ass offensive rebounds and create new shots we wouldn't have been able to have in year's past.

Add Covington and go to battle.

6. basketballholic

Actually Oscar is. Westbrook's rebounding numbers are inflated over the past several seasons because Adams and the whole team were assisting him in accumulating numbers.

I do like the idea of Westbrook on the offensive glass cleaning up some of his own messes. I'd prefer him to leak out on the defensive end however and let the other guys pick up the boards so they can outlet and get him going downhill more often than trudging up court with the ball and the defense set.

7. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Why? Because of stat totals?

Westbrook does not have the defensive impact of a typical 10 rebound per game player.

His scoring is bad at his efficiency level. It’s not high impact.

His passing is his saving grace. It’s realky good, but that’s it.

8. valorita

valorita Member

Paul age age 30 >> Westbrook 30
    Paul 34 roughly = Westbrook 30
    Paul 35, 36, 37 < Westbrook 31, 32, 33

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

No, because of the advanced stats I listed in my post.

Obviously he is much, much less efficient than CP3. But he does do some things better at this point in their careers.

10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

There is also one point that people trying to avoid to talk about after this trade.

The late game situation.

No matter how you want to argue about it, CP3 is no doubt the most reliable FT shooter and the only Rockets with highest IQ to draw cheap fouls late in the game.

This team is full of dumb and mind forked players, Westbrook actually fit very well in this category and his FT is a joke comparing to CP3.

So prepare to see some late game comedies this year with this "new team".

11. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

The playoff stats tell one story but an argument against that might be if Houston had Westbrook instead of Chris Paul, could Houst have been a 1, 2 or 3 seed?

If we bbn played the GSW, ( all hypothetical) knowing that Durant was hurt in the 2nd round would we have performed better?