1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook should play in China

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LBJ-Tmac, Dec 28, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Roxs-Redemption

knee-jerk reactions?!

Westbrook can play, he is just having one of those nights.. It happens to everyone except Michael Jordan

2. Asian Sensation

The Thunder need a Point guard player that can create for others and score in that order. Pass 1st and shoot 2nd. Westbrook has it backwards. Durant is perfectly fine and I know he's a closer. Durant can get his shot any way he wants and that's the way it should be. Harden is a fine players as well and he should be the 2nd option on that team. I think Harden is fully capable of being the 2nd leading scorer on that team and that's exactly what he should be. Westbrook should be creating for his teammates and he should be picking up easy assists from Ibaka and Perkins instead of always trying to "get his".

In the NBA there's always great talents that come and go. Some know how to play winning basketball and some don't. I hate to dwell on the Marbury comparison but I can't help how much Westbrook reminds me of him.

When Marbury was traded to NJ he became an All star and put up great numbers yet he never won anything. I see the same thing happening if Westbrook was traded to any other team where he's the #1 option.

When NJ traded Marbury to Phoenix for Kidd he led them to some amazing seasons/finals appearances.

When Marbury was in Phoenix he continued to put up great numbers but didn't lead the Suns very far.

When Nash took over the PG spot in PHX they became one of the best teams in the league for a few years with pretty much the same nucleus.

My point is Marbury was way more talented than Nash and Kidd just like how Westbrook is way more talented than a lot of his peers today. The difference between a guy like Westbrook and CP3 in present day compared to Marbury and Kidd/Nash is shot selection, decision making skills and making others around you better. Three things Westbrook lacks and has shown little to no improvement in what is now his 4th season.

3. Asian Sensation

This is not a knee-jerk reaction. Westbrook can score 40 points and dish out 12 assists his next game and hit the game winning shot for all I care. He's done that before and he's fully capable of doing it again. My opinion of him won't change until he makes better decisions, defers to Durant and Harden and gets easy buckets for Ibaka/Perkins and most importantly works on his shot selection.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Why are people saying OKC can't go deep in the playoffs with Westbrook?

They did last year. Made it to the Conference Finals, beyond most people's expectations.

5. sbyang

sbyang Member

Westbrook for Rondo. Good trade for both sides?

6. bilguun

bilguun Member

is there a video of the altercation?

7. VBG

VBG Member

The altercation was about Sefolosha not shooting a wide open shot.

It had nothing to do with Westbrook's play...w

8. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Asian sensation, our disagreement is more durant than westbrook. Durant is a great player, but he's not like wade,bron,carmello,kobe,pierce or dirk. Durant is more ray allen type whom the team has to run a set to get him a shot late in games. This is the reason they need westbrook. Now if you can get deron williams for him, that makes sense. Mainly cause williams can score and help close out. If you were to trade rondo for westbrook, boston woud be better and okc would be worse.

Asian, you keep comparing him to marbury, I just don't see it. You say that like minny got better when they made the trade also. It took them yrs to find a game closer and his name was sam cassell. Whom many considered a shoot first pg.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

Westbrook may be fit for China when he's about 35.

10. Child_Plz

Child_Plz Member

He reminds me of Francis in his prime.

11. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

Asian sensation is right, also Durant is definetly becoming more clutch like this year, e.g) DALLAS.