1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook over D-Will?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by hotballa, Feb 21, 2012.

1. LFE171

LFE171 Member

Shoulda gave me Kevin Love for him!

2. StanleyHartwell

I think people miss a point here. D-will is a better player, provided he is fully motivated. But he has shown in NJ (as well as in Utah to a lesser extent) that he is not always consistent in his effort level. In playoffs, he has been able to elevate his plays to a much higher level. But he does not do that in the regular season consistently. His play in NJ has been especially lethargic and unmotivated.

On the other hand, Westbrook plays with all the fire he has. Westbrook is a much more intense player than D-Will

So if I am on a bad team and wants a guy to elevate the franchise, I choose Westbrook. If I am the Thunder, I choose D-Will

3. LFE171

LFE171 Member

^^^ Sorry, not trying to derail.

If Westbrook knew his role and just played PG instead of a ball-handling SG, he'd surpass D.Rose in no time.

4. Jdawg

Jdawg Member

D-will...not even close

5. psk

psk Member

deron williams > russell westbrook /thread.

6. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

Its really annoying to me when people talk about westbrook shooting too much just because ..... Durant is on the team
    - lately he has been shooting great percentages so why should he stop?
    - hes the second option on the team (eventhough imo should be harden)
    - durant already puts up 20+ shots... so ppl are saying he should be the only one shooting?
    - having one player shooting all the shots (ala iverson on the sixers or kobe when he had nobody) is horrible in a bball perspective.... if the the guy gets cold, the rest of the team will be out of ryhtym.
    - imo westbrook is doing fine... his job is to run the offense, get the ball to durant (which he does) and also score for himself
    - there are only three legit scorers on the team..... and they need to take the shots.. not only durant

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Westbrook plays far better defense and is more athletic, but DWill wins in pretty much every other area.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If you want your head to explode, listen to Skip Bayless' take on Westbrook's performance in the Denver game. It will make your head explode. Bayless cannot believe half of what he says.

9. Shaud

Shaud Member

Already know how a Russell Westbrook thread will turn out on this board.

Some guy even said he has been terrible this year which is ****ing comical.

10. VBG

VBG Member

Did someone complain about Durant not scoring enough after he scored 51? I am confused.

11. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Overall players, you could argue for either, but as PGs D-will>>>>Westbrook all day.

12. Shaud

Shaud Member

Durant also hasn't averaged enough points since Westbrook has joined the team.:rolleyes:

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

According to Bayless, KD should have scored 70 and it's WB's fault he didn't.

I'm sure it burns Bayless and some others here that WB is 5th in the NBA in scoring. Oh the shame! LOL.

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I'd rather have Westbrook.
    He is a monster.

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

And that's with a good percentage but of course hes Westbrick and a chucker

16. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

I would go with Dwill, though i hated Utah, and every player on that 04-05 team. Since Westbrook just doesn't look like a PG, relies too much on his athleticsm, because his way of playing won't last, eventually he will get hurt, or when he gets old, he will deteriorate very fast.....

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Westbrook Durant Harden = 3 HOFER's

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

DWill is a better point guard

Westbrooke doesn't allow Harden to be the shooting guard

they have two sg's at the moment, but it works because Westbrooke is that good offensively.

19. VanityHalfBlack

WB all the way... You put WB on the Nets they be playoff team right now...

20. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

So high scoring point guard equates to championship in the past 20 or 30 years? How many PGs outside of Magic have even approached 23 ppg? And Magic did it with significantly less FGA than Westbrook. If KD had a real PG, he would have gone off for 70 the way he was shooting the ball.

Westbrook is not a good PG, that is the entire crux of the thread. He sucks as a PG and the Thunder will lose once again in the playoffs because Westbrook will be out of control and worry more about being a high scoring guard than being a competent PG. It is the main reason why D-Will is head and shoulders above Westbrook as a PG

Put it this way, how much different is Westbrook's stat line for 2012 from Tyreke Evans' rookie year?

#40 hotballa, Feb 21, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012