1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook is making Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Loneyroy7, Jan 8, 2020.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Honestly, this message board could use some stronger moderation. 90% of the discussion in the GARM is about insulting other posters people disagree with.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Honestly you have your own issues with harden that’s well know across the board. Don’t drag everyone else into your own personal mess/issues. That isn’t a board problem

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

It definitely is a board problem and you are exemplifying it with flying colors.

ThrillaNManilla likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nah it’s a you problem. You’re the main person that consistently riles up the board cause once you start with your well known harden takes it doesn’t really stop. That’s by far not a board problem.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

Yeah. Do the snozberries taste like snozberries? Also, seriously Medellin is the place to be. Have you been?

6. fchowd0311

I don't rile up the board because I insult other posters. I rile up the board because many posters handle certain takes on this board with insults rather than discussing the content.

Hell, im fine with small petty insults mixed into a post that actually discusses the content of the poster you are replying to. It's just that many posters don't even bother doing that. They just result to insults.

hakeem94, Siu0410 and ThrillaNManilla like this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

You’re definitely not as clean as you’re trying make yourself out to be. Acting like some victim. But enough of you talk. I stay away from your harden drama. The game thread tonight is literally you on what the last 5 pages alone. You can go back to that

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I know that I amongst many other Clutchfans are in the unenviable position of defending Westbrook in the wake of the trade. Saying that CP3 > WB is not very Clutchfans friendly, but it has been the truth over the course of their careers. Now, whether or not the swap of CP to a player who is 3yrs younger is worth it is a much more tenable, albeit still bittersweet, argument to make.

In the end, the fact is that we were a championship contender in 2017-2018, we were not in 2018-2019, and we maybe are in 2019-2020. We’re certainly not the favorites, but we keep tuning into the nightly NBA entertainment program because we’ve still got a shot.

smp, Rocks92, EurostepHarde and 3 others like this.
  9. fchowd0311

And would it be like that if multiple posters didn't spam personal insults at me because they have a difference of opinion? Ask yourself that in a sincere manner. The push back full of personal insults is what drags it out.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

CF always setting itself up for disappointment, wait til the playoffs are over before nutting.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

Maybe. Maybe not. But if it bothers you this much what’s wrong with the ignore feature If you’re getting spammed with as much as you’re saying

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I have nothing to say. for safety.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

I really try to avoid using the ignore feature because it removes a lot of context from some threads where reading it gets confusing.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's ok to be disappointed. None of this affect the money or family. we should all let loose.

Texans 2020 champions

smp and Air Yordan like this.
  15. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Lol no. I'm not "crying"... I'm laughing. You took the shooting stats of four games this year and concluded that Russell Westbrook is making James Harden. I'm sorry... that was horrendously awful logic. No different than saying the Rockets are a better team by cutting Russ (which they would be, based on the record of 4 games).

Try posting the offensive rating of the Rockets with Russ on the court vs off. Let's see Harden's numbers this year with Westbrook on the floor with him vs. Westbrook on the bench.

Now do the same with Harden and Chris Paul.

I don't even know the data so I'm looking forward to seeing how "not even close" it is.

16. fchowd0311

4 games with that significant drop off is statistically relevant. If the drop off was smaller, then I would be confident there is nothing to it and is mere coincidence.

17. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

It's not statistically relevant to the conclusion you're trying to draw. He scored 22 on 6-9 in the first quarter. Did he suddenly realize Russ wasn't there in the 2nd? You guys know Harden went on a historic run last year without Paul (injured) and Westbrook, right?

Again... if the cause is Westbrook not being there to make Harden, then show me the on-off splits. I'll wait.

BaselineFade, YOLO, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  18. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

I never meant to say he was "making Harden". I f*cked up the headline. It was supposed to say he was making Harden better. If you could change it to "Westbrook is making Harden better" that'd be great.

For some reason this site doesn't allow you to edit thread titles. LOL.

19. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

PSA: I DIDN'T MEAN TO SAY WESTBROOK IS MAKING HARDEN. HARDEN MAKES HIMSELF.

James is simply playing better than he ever has with Russ on the court. Russ is helping Harden play even better.

icewill36 and fchowd0311 like this.
  20. fchowd0311

Harden is having his best scoring efficiency season ever. Who knows. It might have to do with Harden following Westbrook's lead in picking the pace.

Like I said before which you seemed to agree with, Harden is at his best when he has momentum going down hill instead of the slow stagnant stand in one spot offense.

hakeem94 likes this.