1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Were T-mac & Yao an overrated duo of superstars?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LCII, Dec 29, 2009.

1. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

To me, Brandon Roy is a superstar simply because of what he is capable of. This guy is a franchise player first of all. Second, he can take over games with the best of them. You should know this by watching him taking over games against the Rockets. This guy is great. Out of all the shooting guards in the Nba, I say he is the third best SG in the Nba behind Kobe and Wade.

So to me, Brandon Roy is a superstar because he does it all. He take over games, he handles the ball like a point guard and requires the ball in his hand during crunch time, and his triple threat his unbelievable.

2. VBG

VBG Member

Wow, stop making bull**** facts to try and support your claims. I'll find the NBA.com article if you want. Outta all the "superstars" Kobe's performance in clutch time is the worst.

You can't randomly pick one game. I can then say everything in the Lakers-Suns series a coupla years back shows how Kobe is a whiny b****. He gave up on his team IN THE PLAYOFFS.

3. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Yea I agree. But Kareem was much more dominant than Yao. Plus Magic and Kareem had a way better team than the Rockets. Plus they also had that 3rd player in James Worthy. The Rockets only had Yao and Tmac. Everyone else on that 04-05 roster except for Bob Sura, can do anything. Everyone on that Rockets team couldn't show up or be effective enough.

4. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

I love all the Yao/Tmac haters coming out...

Yao was never a top 5 bigman? Well he was only 4th in MVP ranking before a fat Thomas broke his leg, and still made the all NBA second team after playing 50 games, conclusion = you are a moron.

5. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

And how?
    http://www.82games.com/0809/CSORT11.HTM
    He scored most points in clutch time in the league. And if you don't want to pick one game. Fine, Kobe had 4 rings under the belt, numerous game winning shot in playoff, including scoring all 8 Lakers OT points when Shaq was fouled out in 00 finals. What had TMac proved in playoff?

6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Now that's just being short-sighted right there. How is possible for him not be considered a top 5 big man (or center) at any point in his career, when he has made several All-NBA team and outperform other quality big men head to head.