1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We're seeing the end of Moreyball.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fansince80, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

You guys are pathetic fans.

2. ibm

ibm Member

then would you kindly show us how to not be a pathetic fan?

i assume you know.

3. MONON

MONON Member

I love the "Moreyball is dead" theorists. Moreyball won the championship last year & is 14-0 this year. GS's core has been together 4+ years with the perfect point running the show. We're trying to incorporate a point to help take the playmaking load off Harden. It's bumpy & to be honest, could get bumpier before it smoothes out.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Moreyball...as the name implies...is *Morey's* philosophy on the most efficient shots. It doesn't put into context the need for versatility and adapting defenses in the NBA. Because of this, very few inept coaches will actually fall for his bull****. Due to that very fact, the team itself will look mentally crippled and unable to do anything other than pull up and chuck from 3. There isn't a gameplan. You saying "moreyball" won the championship is an absolute perversion to what the warriors did. They ran a system, by a pretty smart coach that defenses couldn't defend from 3, midrange, and in the paint. They did shoot a lot of 3s....because they were good at it. Moreyball apparently calls for dysmal 3pt shooters to jack 3 after 3...he's had plenty of time to sign shooters to fit his bill. He is not a coach and never will be . He has no idea how to manage players on the floor.

1 person likes this.
  5. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

He did his best to get Harden and Howard. That was a big coup on his part.

But they didn't have the right coach and chemistry. The coaching part is on Morey; the chemistry part he couldn't have forseen.

The Harden/Howard experiment has gone on too long.

Should have traded one of them in for another Star or two really good players.

6. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This.

And a little more this.

1 person likes this.
  7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

This means nothing. You still want Mchale right now?

8. roksoer

roksoer Member

Our offense would only work if we had 4 guys with Curry's shooting abilities in at all times.
    He's the only guy who can consistently and efficiently make the shots our offense produces.

9. Sajan

Sajan Member

Dwelling on previous year's success can only take you so far.

This is a brand new season...and we suck. 10/44 shooting? No defense? how many games are we going to win with the current personnel?

Or do we just keep saying we went to the WCF last year? And the player that got hot to save our playoff run last year is not even with the team anymore.

10. ZomgZ

ZomgZ Member

Yea this summer is going to be real funny once we dont make the playoffs this year. If we lose tonight it might be throw in the towel. I figure howard is going to opt out, and if was houston i would trade him at the deadline to get something in return.

11. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

LOL, Teflon Mo can do no wrong, but 95% of the arguments in this thread apply equally to McFail, so how come he's gone?

12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Exactly.

That said, Morey has to make some personnel moves. We have to get better shooting.

We don't have the shooters to play that style right now.

13. Caesar

Caesar Member

This team really does seem like the Texans when they just fell apart after a great season. We thought they were surely Super Bowl contenders..2 wins.

This team reminds me so much of that, except we won't be bad enough for the #1 pick and IMHO future HOF'er Ben Simmons. Bad season. Dwight leaves. Harden sulks on losing teams for several seasons. This isn't going to end well IMO. I think were in for a miserable 5 year stretch of bad basketball. Maybe longer since Les won't let Morey do what the Sixers are doing and compile tons of lottery talent, and instead have to once again retool instead of rebuild. Only thing that can change is if Durant chooses us.

14. GottaHaveHeart

From that interview Morey looked worried and it seems it was more of Les telling Morey to fire McHale.

I believe this team needs floor spacers who can consistently knock down 3 to open up driving lanes.

I still have hope OUR team makes a run at end of year and makes noise in playoffs far too talented of a group.

15. SemisolidSnake

I liken it to, and have been to myself since during the playoffs last year, the Astros' World Series run. It took a miraculous set of of events for a decent but greatly-underperforming team to reach the World Series. Once there, they got swept, then immediately fell into full-scale mediocrity until recently.

Flukes are very real, and that's what last season was for the Rockets.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

First official game without Moreyball and it looks great. Who would have thought?

17. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Completely clueless post. Comparing Golden State's path to a title to Moreyball? Good lord. It couldn't be more different.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Why don't you explain how so we can all pick you apart and laugh at your ass.

Come on freak, make me feel young again.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The team has been poisoned. So allergic to every other shot they shoot well guarded, deep 3s when they don't even need to. I hope Morey's ineptitude when it comes to harming this team is reparable.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Steph Curry is dominating the NBA in record fashion by taking 30 foot closely guarded 3's.

Good timing with this post, hermie.