1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We're Mexicans. Let's talk beans.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SwoLy-D, Jan 10, 2014.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

you've turned into a gabacho

sorry

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Yeah, no, gringo. :eek:

3. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

has anyone else mentioned bean sprouts? those are my favorite and i am mexican

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Frijoles a la charra and refried are my personal favorite.

5. likestohypeguy

I never realized until recently, I always assumed you had to have some type of meat fat in there in order to end up with that thick gravy-like soup with them, but apparently it's just something in the beans themselves that cooks into the broth that does that.

Aside from the fact that you can get a half dozen meals from a bag of beans for less than a dollar, all the quality nutrients, they can still taste amazing even without adding meat/fat. Beans are definitely underrated.

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

[​IMG]