1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We're going to get swept - these guys have no clue how to win right now.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 24, 2014.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

sorry but right about now it's getting pretty tough to separate the pessimists from the non rockets fans from the trolls.

We could have a poll I suppose.

Trust me if rockets lose series you will get a lot what you would deem pessimists stroking themselves with joy. pessimists like to be right too.

Trust me if / when we do lose assuming we don't go all the way, there will be all kinds of celebration of loss here. Sweet lou is getting a boner just from the idea of a sweep.

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Am I the only one who thinks Harden's defense hasn't been that awful this series? I can't tell if I'm missing something, or if people just keep saying it's awful because they've been conditioned to do so....

3. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

His on ball D has been ok. But i cant get that one play after a made freethrow Harden not knowing where his man was letting him run down the court for a layup during a crucial time in the game (30 seconds left?). That just sours any cache he built up for me playing ok on ball defense.

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

It was reported that Matthews wasn't Harden's man on that play. McHale said he called for one of the bigs to cover Matthews and whoever it was (he didn't name him) didn't get back.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Please leave me out of your fantasies.

6. Midrangej

Midrangej Member

if that really is the case, then shame on Mchale's crappy coaching....to change things up without a TO...

but it probably isn't....just an excuse as james looked on in a daze as matthews scores....man matthew's big cheesy grin at that to after that score was like he had found a pot of gold.....

7. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Ok that makes more sense, even though i wouldnt put something like that past Harden :(. How ironic is it that its his O and not his D that has cost us in this series.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

That's what I think. I think we have really young talented players who were not mentor'd properly. I think Sampson was the only guy who got these guys to play D and bailed because he was frustrated. Who abandons a team 3 weeks before the playoffs???

I was a supporter of McHale because I thought as a champion he would make these guys understand what it takes to win. He has not done that.

Whether you want to blame McHale or Harden, there needs to be some kind of consequence.

The only reason we were in the game at all last night was because of Dwight's first half. Take that out and it would have been a blow-out. I love how people think that Dwight's effort actually hurt us. That's so absurd.

9. Rox23

Rox23 Member

It was one of our worst performances of the year and with 30 seconds left we were only down by 3. Also the first game we should have won. We'll win the next two.

10. Zergling

Zergling Member

To fire McHale? Considering his family tragedies and his knee issues (he's been walking badly all season), I expect McHale to resign. It's up to Morey to find a legit coach and get that third all-star that can take us to the promised land.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Maybe these guys will muster up enough pride and pull something out of the hat tomorrow.

It's a young team, so conventional wisdom says not. The two teams that came back from 0-2 deficits going on the road in the modern era - they all were experienced mature teams.

But I admit, I will still be watching.

12. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lQNHAXg_wYk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

1. hakeem
    2. toughness
    3 pride
    4 heart

hakeem had all those qualities for days and had teammates with those qualities.

james harden and someone else will probably end up shooting 40%+ and end up extending the series. at the end of the day, this system isn't going to get it done. you can't depend on getting hot from 3s to win a 7 game series deeper in the playoffs. golden state is in the same boat.

14. Solaris

Solaris Member

Tell that to Harden, who quit on the team last game.

15. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Folks I'd love to be optimistic about the situation but we are crumbling. James Harden is a No show. Mchale is just piling up on excuses. The championship team played with cohesiveness. They did not make excuses and blame anyone else but themselves. Wake up children. If you youngins and newbies are new to this site and Rockets fandom go watch double clutch and clutch. Watch how NO one pointed fingers at anyone in that locker room but themselves when they were in a corner. They all put in extra work and said what can I do to help the team win. Everyone was was selfless. Each player took it upon themselves to do what it takes to win. There was no "we didn't get the stops so I can't score on the other end." Or " Sampson is gone so I have no idea what to do on defense." If this is the mentality of our team then we are going to get F'ed every year with no Lube. Morey and his nerd stats can just get shoved up his own @ss. If Harden wants to be a leader and wants stops on the defensive end so he can score easily; then he needs to grow up and do it himself. Hakeem did it, drexler did it and eventually everyone followed suit. Our true colors are going to show up Friday. That look in game two though did not look promising. Man up and put Egos aside or go join Mcgrady and play for the skeeters.

16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

EAT A DICK OP

17. TheresTheDagger

^^^This.

18. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

solid post

19. Blast_Off

Blast_Off Member

This forum is full of Knee-Jerking Negative Nellys. This is a 4-5 matchup, both teams won 54 games, and the Rockets are definitely talented enough to turn this whole series around. It's not over until someone wins four games.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Nice one.