1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We're going to get swept - these guys have no clue how to win right now.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 24, 2014.

1. jayland

jayland Member

Honestly I think the Blazers is the close to the same level as the Rockets as a team. They may not have players that sells as much jerseys as Harden, Dwight, or even Lin. But Aldridge and Lillard are true elite all stars.

2. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

We can win a couple of games on pure talent alone. But this series is already over because you just cant cut it with an incompetent coach.

3. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I think that we are going to lose this series. If we get swept, then McHale should be fired and we should try to go get Thibodeau(rumor is Chicago might fire him). I love the defensive mentality that his team brings from night to night. You wanna talk about heart, his team has plenty of it. The thing that is missing from Chicago is the offense but we have loads of that here with Harden, Howard, and Parsons. Our defense is atrocious. our coaching is horrible. McHale does not know how to make game to game adjustments. He relies on only a few certain players and not guys that he has played during the season. I am talking about D-Mo and Hamilton in this case. Why hasn't he thrown D-Mo out on Aldridge? The way Parsons has been playing I would love to see Hamilton get in the game. The same can be said of Harden as well. No way it happens but if I were the coach I would start game three by giving those guys some playing time. I think I read somewhere that there is only a 3% chance of a team coming back form down 2-0 in a series. I know that we historically have done it twice. Once vs the Mavericks and the other time vs the Suns. I don't think that we can right now but here is to hoping we can pull it off.

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Oh it is going to be sweet as hell when our Rockets make a lot of the ones with doubt eat crow. This series is not over and I believe we will win this in 7. At 1st I thought 6 but hey a brother had to change the prediction. Watch how we win the next two games in Portland, then winning at home. Portland will win game 6 forcing this bad boy to 7 in which we will win in a convincing manner. Harden will get his act together and put up the numbers we know he could. Howard will continue to score over 20 and snatching down around 15 rebounds per. Everybody else will chip in as well.

Lets Go Rockets!!!!

5. TheresTheDagger

What is the point of this thread?

To be the first to say "I told you so..." if you're right?
    To bash on a team that's down...the team you supposedly are a fan of?
    To bash the fans who simply refuse to give up at this point?
    To try to bring everyone down with you?

I don't get it.

I'll simply quote Marcus Lutrell (if you don't know who that is, google him)

"NEVER QUIT"

6. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

The OP's gonna look really stupid in a few days

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

I disagree. It's not that they don't care. A professional athlete cares about playoff.
    It's the preparation and approach to the game. I thought Bickerstaff was right on the point that those guys looked to be hyper-ventilating instead of having a plan to win. This goes to the very fundamental principal of this team. The go go not set play playing style simply does not work in the post season. While we had some success against the Westbrook-less Thunders, the Blazers are playing much disciplined basketball. Their plays on both ends are with a purpose, which is a testament to their coaching and playing style throughout the regular season. On the other hand, we were shell shocked and did not know what to do because the stuff they knew were taken away by the defense of the Blazers. As much as the players play the game, this is on the coaches for not having a game plan and plays they can stick with. Instead, what does the coach say, "Play Harder ... Energy up ..." which translates to hysterical hyper activities on the court, end up being borderline psychotic. The scream after made basketball, the thunder dance after a made 3, etc. etc. No poise, no maturity. And of course that hyper activity and high emotion fades away quickly when things are not going their ways at the end of the game. It's not that they don't care ... it's because they are exhausted MENTALLY. This is on the coaches.

8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

the OP looks really stupid today

9. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

Doesn't matter how many points you lost by once the game is over. It's not a 7 game series now, the Rockets have to win 3 games for every 1 the Blazers win. Sure that can happen but the odds are 20-to-1 against, not good.

At the moment, only Howard and Bev look like they are playing at a level that could turn things around (if LMA would miss a damn shot). The rest of the starters can't seem to turn it up, the bench (folding chair? that bench is short) is only a small factor, and the coaching staff is totally MIA.

The games in Portland will be fun, good playoff experiences for the team. But the 6% of teams who beat the odds this team now faces usually have something special going for them. Unless Harden comes out of his fog or a hero arises on the coaching staff it's going to be awfully deserted at Toyota Center starting next week.

10. infinite-loop

infinite-loop Member

That what fans are for!

11. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

In the Play-offs, everything is magnified, performance, mistakes, coaching, refereeing. They were the favourites to advance and have home court advantage. The team seems to have bought into the hype, expecting to waltz through the first round. Hats off to LMA, he said "No, f-n way!!" and the Rockets blinked hard, often. His jump-shooting has been phenomenal and his team mates have supported him. If he keeps this up, then Portland is likely to advance.

I choose to believe the Rockets will come back, LMA will cool off and Harden will go on a sustained Super Saiyan run. :D

12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Were they blown out though truly dominated? did it not take overtime to and nba incorrect call just to get one of the wins? there are different kinds of losses.

Both of them the score was pretty damn close and it's not like we got completely beat. They had to get nba ref help and their best player going god mode. I'm not sure how you can argue that's the same as getting blown by 50 and CLEARLY over matched? Both games were pick ems and despite our poor play overall we almost won both and one of them probably should have according to the league and a bad call.

It's not a 2 game series either.
    In a 7 game series you have to win 4 not 2. How many have blazers won? 4 or 2? :rolleyes: geez.

This site is getting out of hand how much pessimism and throwing in the towel.

It's sad.

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I don't think either faction is going to talk the other over to their side. If you're going to be a pessimist, be a pessimist. If you're like me and are dumb enough to be optimistic, be optimistic. Hopefully they show us something tomorrow that makes this debate worthwhile.

14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

yeah the sick part is when the pessimist gets all excited because the rockets lose.

saddest fan base ever cheering for rockets to lose. Getting a boner over calling him mcfail, haren, saying it's over after 2 games.

It's truly mind boggling. people show their colors and run for the hills. It's annoying and loser.

What will the pessimists say if we win series? Are they going to slink back on here or own their loser ness? My prediction is if we lose they will say they didn't mean it or whatever a loser says when he accidentally wins. If rockets lose series then they get to celebrate being a loser :confused:
    how f-ing cool is that?

Let's see what happens next game. Last I checked we STILL have harden and howard. or why don't you just end it now find the nearest bridge?

2 games = 4 games huh?

15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

*edit* meant if we win not that it matters because if we lose or win they are losers. already lost.

16. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

To this moment we are still better team than the Blazers, but you have one guy on the other team single-handedly destroying the rockets and Kevin Mchale still wouldn't double team him.

17. steady

steady Member

Although I admit they have been damn impressive in this series, they are not always as good as they have been playing in these last 2 games.

18. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Since when does being a pessimist mean you are happy when the rockets lose? Pessimists just think we are going to lose, they are not happy about it, on the contrary they hate it. If you are happy we lost then you go from being a pessimist to being a non Rockets fan or troll.

19. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

The people who are rooting for the team to lose aren't fans of the Rockets as a whole. Don't let them bother you! Come be optimistic in the game thread. ;)

20. Midrangej

Midrangej Member

we're too talented and come too far this season to get swept!!

I hope.....

I really do think T Jones, Parson and Lin are going to bust out and win a game in Portland....

I firmly believe if we pin our hopes on just howard and harden, then we're going to get swept...

Howard's offense is fools gold...it's not how we got to 4th seed and could be championship contenders....

Howard needs to average 14-15 points and 16 boards and play crazy D...
    Harden needs to cut his turnovers down and bring up his shooting percentage.....be more efficient and pass more, as they're keyed in on him....I don't think he's going to play any D either way....so let's hope he can at least outscore Matthews...but at least at a 40% clip...