1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wendy Davis tells Democrats she is in for 2014

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Sep 26, 2013.

1. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

No, I was merely extending your logic to expose your idiocy. Apparently, I succeeded.

2. Nook

Nook Member

Well that went right over your squishy head.......

3. thumbs

Please note your supposition that begins with the word "if." That opens the analogy rulebook for me to develop said analogy to expose your own limited thought process. The rest was merely piling on (okay, I deserve a flag for unsportsman-like conduct).

However, I merely pointed out that, based on your own supposition, you would not vote for one of the nation's ... and the Democratic Party's ... brightest stars just because he required crutches and sometimes a wheelchair to assist with his mobility, whereas, if Rick Perry were running against FDR in that gubernatorial supposition, you would vote for Perry based on his physical -- not mental -- superiority.

Now, tuck your tail between your legs and slink away before the board really laughs at your silliness.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Got a problem with it?

5. Major

Major Member

The problem with your "logic" is that, like everything else you post, it's incorrect. He doesn't want a crippled governor. He may also not want a moron as a governor. Therefore, in a contest between Perry and FDR, he would be choosing between two people he didn't want, and may still pick FDR or not vote at all. Just because he doesn't want FDR doesn't mean he will automatically vote for any opponent.

Logic 101 would be a good place to start.

6. thumbs

No, in the extension of his logic, he would not vote for a physically handicapped person regardless. I merely pitted FDR against Perry to demonstrate his lunacy. A refusal to vote or even a vote for another candidate is still a refutation of a brilliant political mind based solely on his physical infirmity.

7. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Please don't diminish the English language by calling Greg Abbot, or any other career politician, "brilliant."

8. thumbs

Learn to read, dumbartonbass. The reference clearly was to FDR having had a brilliant political mind.

#108 thumbs, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  9. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Very clever, cums.

10. thumbs

Actually, I apologize. I'm old so sometimes I get cranky.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Greg Abbott is no FDR.

12. rudan

rudan Member

Yeah, he's upfront that he's handycapped........

13. thumbs

Not handicapped -- physically impaired.

14. KingCheetah

Yes, he parks up front, but i'm not sure what that has to do with his political acumen.

15. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Well from the picture it is pretty clear that she will lose most of the the votes of Mr and Mrs. Bubba from outside big city Texas. However, as with one of my co-workers who told me she voted for Obama, but does not talk about it among friends. Ms. Bubba might more or less secretly vote for Wendy though not talking about it too much with Bubba, her father and friends.

#115 glynch, Oct 5, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  16. glynch

Is that possible? Like almost all the "libertarians" they will vote GOP.

17. glynch

Got to agree with you on this one, Thumbs. The wheelchair is no reason not to vote for Abbott. Though I did think Abbott looked foolish on the cover of Texas Monthly in his wheel chair with an enormous shot gun like he hunts all the time.

In general I think it is moronic for the severely disabled like Abbott to be great believers in the conservative policy of social Darwinism and the survival of the fittest.

18. glynch

I hear she had sex with a man who she was not married to.

19. KingCheetah

Two-woman ticket in Texas goes for history in 2014

Forget whether Hillary Clinton could win the White House in 2016. Women still have yet to run many statehouses, but in 2014 two Texas Democrats are going for a new kind of history: Winning as an all-female ticket for governor and lieutenant governor.

If Davis and fellow state Sen. Leticia Van de Putte, who is running for lieutenant governor, prevail in their March primaries as expected, they'll form what political experts say is only the fifth time in at least the past 20 years that a party has nominated women for both governor and lieutenant governor.

Not all nominees run as "tickets" in the traditional sense. Texas is among the states that elect a governor and lieutenant governor separately, meaning that Davis and Van de Putte don't come as a package even though they'll overlap in message.

That message hasn't focused on gender. Davis talks about education and weeding out cronyism while trying to forge a broader identity among voters who might only know her from her stand in pink running shoes on the Texas Senate floor for reproductive rights.

But Davis and Van de Putte, who's Hispanic, can't escape their obvious contrast to Republicans, whose entire statewide ticket in Texas this year is shaping up to be almost exclusively white and male.

"Diversity in government, I think, is incredibly important," Davis said. "Bringing a variety of perspectives to the leadership table creates better government."

link

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

^I like the fact that she likes minorities, but I'm not sure if I'm cool with a two women ticket, I still have problems with them being able to vote.