1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wendy Davis tells Democrats she is in for 2014

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Sep 26, 2013.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

WHAT!?!?! SERIOUSLY!!?!?!
    Damn I'm so surprised:grin:

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

ZING! Dem Egyptian babies were dying left and right with God's mighty swift hand of justice!

Scapegoat for that is "Old testament is before Christ and the laws and actions of God don't count"....

And then he will do a 180 and be against gay marriage and homosexual acts which only have been mentioned in the O.T.

DAT RELIGIOUS LOGIC

1 person likes this.
  3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I'll vote for her if she is pro-secession.

There's no reason for us to continue paying California's bills.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I will base my vote on which candidate is prettiest... looks like an easy decision this year.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

She hasn't officially announced yet, but the word I'm getting is that she will Thursday. I hope so. I'll be contributing to her campaign, despite the very long odds.

6. rudan

rudan Member

They are truly satin's henchmen :p

7. Raven

Raven Member

Even more important, kicking out all the Republican state legislators.

8. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Wendy needs to run on getting fully on board with ObamaCare and let Abbott and his crowd struggle to maintain the Perry attempt to keep hundreds of thousands of Texans from getting health care.

By the time of the election for governor even folks who don't follow current events will know the great GOP lie wrt to ObamaCare.

9. rudan

rudan Member

I know right? Greg Abbott is pretty dreamy :eek:

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Automatic loss

11. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

No she doesn't. That doesn't drive politics in Texas.

Education (and to a lesser extent, transportation) is the winner in Texas. It's the Democrats trump card.

Rural communities in Texas (which vote overwhelmingly Republican) really value education spending. Schools are a huge deal for these communities. These communities rely entirely on state funding (since property taxes alone can't sustain schools in rural areas). And on top of that, they hate things like vouchers or really any program that might divert money from public schools. Programs like vouchers only benefit areas that have private schools or even other public schools.

That's why we never get overly crazy education policy in Texas. Rural Republicans vote with Democrats pretty consistently on education. The same goes for transportation. These are issues that Democrats can win on.

Things like health care reform are too divisive. Associating with the President in anyway is not sound campaigning in Texas. It sucks but that's the reality. You can't win doing things like that.

That said, Wendy Davis needs a Clayton Williams/Todd Akin/Richard Mourdock type screwup to have a chance. But she'll be competitive and probably produce the closest gubernatorial race in a long long time. (and that's a really good thing that shouldnt be overlooked)

12. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

It's official, she's in!

13. rudan

rudan Member

MSNBC should be proud :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

14. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

This is going to be so much fun!

15. Major

Major Member

And hopefully drive Dem turnout for lower level races - I don't even know if there are any swing districts in the state House or Senate, but she could help Dems win an extra seat or two if there are.

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-in-reply-to="385884375813873664"><p>She calls this photo, "The Ones That Got Away." RT @<a href="https://twitter.com/WendyDavisTexas">WendyDavisTexas</a> I'm in it. For Texas. <a class="hashtag" action="hash" title="#TeamWendy">#TeamWendy</a> <a href="http://t.co/MUkpinJfzT" title="http://twitter.com/WendyDavisTexas/status/385884375813873664/photo/1" org_href="http://twitter.com/WendyDavisTexas/status/385884375813873664/photo/1">pic.twitter.com/MUkpinJfzT</a></p>&mdash; jon gabriel (@ExJon) <a href="https://twitter.com/ExJon/status/385898552779497473" data-datetime="2013-10-03T17:45:59+00:00">October 3, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Exciting news. The clowns are clearly rattled as evidenced by their appearances in this thread.

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

And I think Abbott's team is a good candidate to have that moment. They've figured this was a done deal. They're primed for a good f*** up.

19. Nook

Nook Member

A real success story. A woman that proved with hard work anything is possible. A single mom, working several jobs to avoid living off the system, that turns into a Harvard law graduate and a very successful buisnesses woman.

She IS the story the Republicans preach, so I am sure they will vote for her right?? Oh wait... Never mind, she is for personal freedoms, scratch that thought.

20. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

now to hope that debra medina, or another tea party candidate runs to siphon off some of abbott's vote