1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Well, well, well...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Doc Rocket, Mar 20, 2004.

1. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

Welcome back.

Tell us something we don't know from watching the games though.

2. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

pradaxpimp: Read the beginning of his post. He did.

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Stevie is a hell of an athlete, but he doesn't fit in our scheme. If he has a fantastic post season (playoffs), then I will take back all my words. BUT, so far under JVG reign, SF doesn't appear to fit.

4. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Good to have you back Doc Rocket. That is some good news. :)

5. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Doc: What's up with the "love you back" shot?

6. osa420

osa420 Contributing Member

I didn't get to see the game, but I assume Yao had a bad game considering he shot 4-15 for his fg%. Considering the talk about Francis, I would hope the rockets don't do something like trade him for Allen Houston.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We're glad you finally showed up again, Doc, especially after a game like tonight. It was about as much fun as a root canal. You're a vast improvement. Thanks for the info and don't be a stranger.

8. Sane

Sane Member

Just 26 replies?

Goes to show how many new users we have that weren't around before Yao.

It's great to hear anything from Doc, and it's especialy great to hear he still has some sources and such.

I'm absolutely scstatic that JVG realizes Steve's limitations with Yao Ming, but is anyone else starting wo wonder why every single piece of insider information we hear includes JVG useing the F or MF word? I remember someone saying many in the organization "have trouble relating to him".

Great to have you back on board Doc.

9. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

and that's a fact jack, whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhowooooooooowwwwww

10. Juugie

Juugie Member

The best thing about finally trading Steve is that when Yao stinks up the joint like he did tonight, there will be no one else to blame but him.

I'm so sick and tired of all the fricking excuses we hear for Yao. And just imagine, when you surround him with role players, when he has a stink job like tonight, the Rockets will be completely blown out.

The bottom line is, we have de-emphasized Steve's game to the point that regardless of whether he plays well, we should win. We only rely on Yao and it's Yao that has to carry us. We just want Steve and everyone else to throw it down to Yao. But when Dampier has Yao stumbling around and falling on his ass and is pushing him out of his comfort zone, someone has to be blamed so we might as well go back to our favorite whipping boy - SF.

I say just cut him. Get him out of here. I'm tired of seeing the same five sentences in every post and the same excuses over and over again. I'm tired of debating it. I mean the very first day that trading is allowed again, trade the guy. But understand that after years of bashing him, you ain't getting an all-star for him. Maybe a couple of borderline players.

At least when Steve is gone, and we're forced to see that Yao is not the next Lew Alcindor, we can get back to some kind of reality and start rebuilding the team again.

And maybe the Rat will quit again and we can bring in a real coach.

11. Sane

Sane Member

The man hits 54% of his shots.

Do you think Yao will fizzle more often than Steve?

Oh, and ofCOURSE we'll have someone to blame. We're going to trade Steve for someone, then when that person (or people) plays bad, you, Juugie, are going to be here just to say "If we HADN'T traded Steve"...

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

Doc Rocket, where have you been, and as to your post, DITTO!!!! Someone please send me a dollar for every time I have posted the exact same FACTS! And DaDakota, I concur, Francis is the WORST decision maker I have ever seen on a basketball court at any level (including little dribblers) an any time, ever! JVG's system has fully exposed him. In a way, it is really sad. I hope he finds a place where he can play to his strengths not his weaknesses. I wish him well, but for the last five years (seems like a hundred), I have wished him GONE.

13. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

well well well...get ready for a losing streak staight ahead. 3 in a row 4 sure...

14. montgo

montgo Contributing Member

Doc, Doc, he is our man, if someone knows it Doc can?????

anyway, half the posters on this board, probably do not know this legend. Here come the "why are you such a Steve hater" posters...I can feel it...I can also feel the "why are you critical of the rockets...why can't you just support your team" posts too....

here come the whiners....little do they know the factual summation involved here!:rolleyes:

15. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hope your health is improved. Enjoy life a little, Doc.

Thanks for the quick note. Good luck to you and your source in the future.

-------------------------------------------------------

You know, there's some people who won't play "what's wrong with the Rockets" anymore. I think a good part of the city is like that. I know some of the media are. Kybosh on the ockets-ray.
    It's just so painful waiting for the season to end. It's hard to keep the enthusiasm for a show where the actors are misplayed and can't remember their marks. Yeah, there's some talent there, doing the star turns, but the end result - Gigli. It's probably past time to break up our own b-ball Bennifer.

16. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

....by d way, nice to meet u doc :) that's what I call the REAL analysis!

17. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

so you dont want steve traded. it's now so obvious even to some of diehard SOF that these two guy don't fit with each other and one of them must go. there's no point defending steve every time without suggesting a sloution to the problem. now I wish you had the guts to create a Trade Yao thread .

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Doc Rocket, I agree and I share your frustration. I like Steve and I TRUELY wish Steve would fit on this team. I wish Steve could work with Yao to lead us to a title! I WANT it to work. I want it in my heart; but in my head for a while now I know it just isnt going to work.

Like you said, Francis is a good player, but he just doesnt fit on this team. Francis' skillset just is not a good match with Yao's and that is a problem. I will leave it at that.

I know you guys have heard me say this over and over. And I am going to say it again. Do what you can to move Francis for Ray Allen. Comparable stars, yet Allen can COMPLIMENT Yao's game and that is what matters.

19. birat

birat Member

Steve is trying to fit in but his game seems unchangeable..

... careless
    ... prone to mistakes
    ... poor decision making
    ... rarely finishes a fastbreak..

20. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

And this one time, at band camp..............:p

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D