1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Well, well, well...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Doc Rocket, Mar 20, 2004.

1. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Since we are Riddy of Rudy, now we need to Leave Steve? ;)

2. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

OMG!!!!!!!

Its the DUKE DUKE DUKE of POST POST POST:eek::eek:

wow...now all the noobs can see the legend does indeed exist.

3. HoRockets

HoRockets Member

First of all, the word is spelt d-e-t-r-i-m-e-n-t-a-l. Secondly, the word as used in your statement implies that he is "harmful or damaging" to the team. So are you Pro- or Anti- Steve Francis? Please make up your mind. ;)

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

WTF???
    LHutz, is you really you? :cool:

5. Nutcracker

Nutcracker Contributing Member

wow this thread is going to be a classic, doc rocket stirring things up, oldtimers writing in, lhutz is back, all the legends are posting.. now wheres popeye?

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Yet your the biggest Terrell Owens jock rider I've ever seen. that guy's a real team player.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Holy Crap! :eek: Haven't seen a post by you in ......FOREVER!

8. Kayman

Kayman Contributing Member

Stop right there!

1. Are you telling me that the castoff from SA that we got for $50K played in the system? Maxwell is the NBA's gold standard for boneheadedness. I've seen more boneheaded plays from MadMax in a single season than for all of Steve's career. But you know what? going to Phoenix after blowing the first two games at home, with Dream struggling, who goes off for 30+ pts and starts the whole turnaround from Choke City to Clutch City? Yep, that's right V-Max. And it's not by sitting on the perimeter waiting for Dream to dish out. It was a variation of the "street ball" that Steve plays: PnR with OT that won that game. Check the tape.

2. Are you telling me that Sam was a system guy? Sam is Sam. He has one way of playing and he's played it everywhere he's been. There is no system with Sam.

3. Are you telling me that Kenny was a system guy? I vividly remember Rudy T. going nuts over Kenny passing on wide-open treys and taking contested ones because he believed more in his "feel' than the system. And what about his defense? How did that fit in the system? Remember we were supposed to be a defense-oriented team, except that our PG played zero defense.

And yes, you are right we won a championship with these guys, you remember that part right. What you don't remember is that we never won a championship with Kirk Hinrich I (aka Matt Maloney), Kirk Hinrich II (aka Brent Price) and Kirk Hinrich III (aka as Bryce Drew). They were all "system" guys super coachable, all three of them coming from coach's families. They were "all system all the time". And all sucked all the time. Now you are telling us that we need to trade a three-time All-Star for Kirk Hinrich IV?

Bottomline is: talent wins in this league and it's up to the coach to make it happen. If Steve didn't have a bad shooting year we would be fighting for HCA advantage now. We all know that Steve is a better shooter than what he has shown this year. It's all about making the J, man. It's not about the "system" or about the "getting" it.

9. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

Are you inferring that those ex-Rockets are or were as talented as Hinrich?

10. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

gotta agree with gunn here. hinrich may not be isiah thomas but he surely is not bryce drew.

11. Kayman

Yes. Haven't seen anything more from Hinrich than all those other scrubs that we had running the point between Kenny/Sam and Stevie F.

12. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

How many triple doubles did Bryce Drew get as a Rocket?

13. Kayman

The reason Hinrich looks good is because he plays significant minutes on the worst team in the league. Only thing that matters is whether a player is helping a team get Ws. The Bulls were supposed to compete for a playoff spot this year. Granted their other players haven't come through as well, but Hinrich have not made his team better, that's for sure.

Remember, Brent Price looked like a stud with the Bullets when we signed him to that ridiculous contract. He even broke the NBA record for 3-pointers if I am not mistaken...

14. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

surely if it was according to the Duke it would read

Since we are Rud of Riddy, now we need to Leaf Steve?

great to hear from you Duke.... thought you must have lost your password :p

15. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Or maybe Leave Steave...