1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Well we know where the Palestinians stand. . .

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocksMillenium, Sep 11, 2001.

1. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

This makes me sick, and these people make me want to puke. . .

http://us.news2.yimg.com/f/42/31/7m...1/wl/crash_tradecenter_palestinians_dc_2.html

<b><i>Palestinians Celebrate Attacks with Gunfire
    By Joseph Logan

BEIRUT (Reuters) - Palestinians in Lebanon met news of devastating attacks on American targets Tuesday with jubilant gunfire, dancing and cheering, saying Israel's chief backer deserved such a punishment.

``This is the result of American policy. America and Israel are one,'' one Palestinian gunman said.

``This is the reaction required to confront the American and Israeli arrogance,'' said Mohamad Hallak, a 40-year-old Palestinian refugee from the southern Rashidiyeh camp in Tyre.

Firing rattled across Palestinian refugee camps in Lebanon and the West Bank as soon as television stations broke the news, carrying live footage of buildings on fire and collapsing and terrified Americans fleeing the stricken areas.

Jubilant Palestinians took to the streets of refugee camps of Lebanon and the West Bank, waving Palestinian flags and distributing sweets to celebrate the attacks on major U.S. landmarks and government offices.

Some Lebanese shared the joy.

``We're ecstatic. Let America have a taste of what we've tasted,'' said Ali Mareh, a Lebanese resident of Beirut.

``People are happy. America has always supported terrorism. They see how the innocent Palestinian children are killed and they back the Zionist army that does it. America has never been on the side of justice,'' said Samir, a Lebanese.

``This is the language that the United States understands and this is the way to stop America from helping the Zionist terrorists who are killing our children, men and women everyday,'' said Mohamed Rasheed, a Palestinian.

Lebanon is home to some to 360,000 Palestinian refugees. After four generations of exile, many Palestinians feel embittered against the United States for its support of Israel -- a feeling which has grown during the present uprising in the occupied territories of the West Bank and Gaza.

``Today is a feast for the Palestinians. We do not differentiate between America and Israel. America is our prime enemy,'' added another Palestinian.

Palestinian President Yasser Arafat (news - web sites) condemned the attacks which leveled the twin towers of the World Trade Center in New York City and struck the Pentagon (news - web sites) in Washington.

Palestinians who have often burned U.S. flags in protests during their 11-month-old uprising against Israeli occupation also celebrated in the streets of Arab East Jerusalem.

``I feel I am in a dream. I never believed that one day the United States would come to pay a price for its support to Israel,'' said Mustafa, a 24-year-old Palestinian gunman.

Several dozen Palestinian youths gathered in Arab East Jerusalem to celebrate as well, honking out wedding tunes on their car horns. ``We are so happy that America was hit. America is against us in supporting Israel,'' Suleiman, one of the demonstrators, said.

In Nablus, motorists honked their horns and gunmen fired into the air from assault rifles to cheer on the attacks which unfolded in the space of a few hours and stunned people around the globe.

Israel and the Palestinians have been locked in nearly a year of fighting since a Palestinian uprising against occupation erupted last September after peace talks stalled.

People were clustered around a few televisions in the streets.

But reaction was mixed elsewhere in Lebanon. Many people, used to wars, bombardment and destruction of their cities, were watching the news in disbelief and shock.

``Who could believe this is happening in the capitals of the world's only superpower?,'' said one resident of Beirut.

Prime Minister Rafik al-Hariri was quick in offering condolences to U.S. President Georges W. Bush. ``These tragic actions contradict all human and religious values,'' Hariri said in a statement.

The Islamist Hizbollah guerrilla group, which in the past carried out suicide bomb attacks against U.S targets in Lebanon, declined comment on the attacks deep in the United States.
    </i></b>

Funny how these freaks say that the U.S. supports terrorism and they talk about how bad terrorism is, and then they get up and cheer for terrorism.

2. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

Those Bastards can rot in hell...... These people are so ignorant its sad...........

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Just like most of us will if we kill the person responsible.

4. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

It is sad to hear about these people celebrating a tragedy. The world is not a very nice place.

5. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

We all have a right to be pissed, but try not to paint with such a wide brush. I'm sure that there are plenty of Palestinians who are intellegent and just want to live their lives in peace. The whole world suffers when something like this hapeens. I'm mad too, but defining an entire race or nationality as evil won't solve the problem.

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Sorta makes it hard to follow one of Christ's teachings, "Love your enemies and pray for them", doesn't it?

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They bomb pizzerias and expect us not to act. If they think this will STOP us from supporting our allies in any way, they are SADLY mistaken.

You don't poke a LION in the eye with a stick.

DaDakota

8. ArtVandolet

ArtVandolet Member

Yes it does. Thanks for the reminder.

9. Smokey

Huh? There are two sides to this story: Palestinians and Israelis. There are extremists on both sides who do stupid things like bomb pizzerias and shoot people walking to their homes.

You are letting today's tragedy blind your views.

10. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Amen.

11. Nomar

Nomar Member

I like this quote the most.

``This is the language that the United States understands and this is the way to stop America from helping the Zionist terrorists who are killing our children, men and women everyday,'' said Mohamed Rasheed, a Palestinian.

There bombings wont stop us from helping Israel.

I cant wait to see the looks of these people's faces when they see retaliation for these acts.

The cold, hard reality of the U.S. Military bringing destruction down upon the terrorists.

12. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Hey Jeff,

Bingo was being facetious, right? Right? Please tell me I'm right. Although I think shutting that thread down was the wrong thing to do. He would've gotten rocked I think if he was serious.

13. Smokey

Bingo's post was the most offensive post I have ever read on this board...calling for the systematic extermination of a people.

Have a nice life Bingo!

14. RocksMillenium

I'm not going to jump up and down, death is never enjoyable. But if we sit back and not do anything they'll keep doing this. If you sit back and try to "talk" about this they will keep doing this. It's proven that terrorist will keep doing this OVER AND OVER again until stop. That's why they attacked the United States, because the U.S. didn't show any resistance to them.

15. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Bingo got boingo-ed. He go bye bye. What he posted, joke or not, was horrid.

16. RocksMillenium

Jesus, the EXTERMINATION of people!? We're all upset, but he earned that banishment. I don't want to see any innocent people hurt, even the people who were acting like morons cheering in the streets after a terrorist attack, but the U.S. needs to deal with these terrorist. They'll keep doing this until they're stopped.

17. DaDakota

I am just glad it is out of my thread, I did not want it to dissolve into THAT kind of discussion.

Although, I did not want my topic closed either.

DaDakota

18. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I am so pissed I want to retaliate on whoever did this, but the big question is who exactly is to blame for this? I have heard several reporters refer to this as the worst act on America since Pearl Harbor although at least then we had a clearly defined enemy. In this case I wonder how long it will take to figure out who did this..........this is truely a sad, sad day :(

19. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I didn't mean that post to be a sarcastic one, and Art if you weren't being facetious, then I apologize.

I was inferring how difficult it is to be a Christian. I'll give you an example:

I was going through confirmation in the Episcopal Church this past spring. One of the last things we talked about was the Church's stance on various subjects such as abortion, homosexuality, wars, and the death penalty. The last one was especially a hot topic due to Timothy McVeigh. The Catholic Church has a firm stance against the death penalty just like their stance against abortion. As a matter of fact, my priest told us that the Pope prayed for McVeigh and may have even visited him before he was executed. Unfortunately, the Episcopal church waffles on things--abortion, homosexuality. I believe that the Church's official position is against the Death Penalty. But my priest pretty much acted like no one was really standing up for McVeigh like the Pope.

What does this mean? It means that even God-fearing Christians find it incredibly difficult to follow some of the teachings of Christ. I, by no means, am a perfect Christian. IMO, nobody is--because the only one perfect is Christ. However, due to the fact that these people, if they are terrorists controlled by Bin Laden like I believe, who commited these acts, then they feel no remorse. So, to me this seems like an exception to this teaching. It will be interesting to see what the Pope does about this. If the terrorists are captured and they are led by Bin Laden and sentenced to die in the gas chamber or electric chair, will the Pope be against them dying??

It just blows my mind (if you couldn't tell already) that there would be people out there praying for the ones responsible for doing this!!

20. DaDakota

Manny,

That is why God gave us ALL a free will. No one should follow the church's edicts blindly, it should be whatever you feel inside you.

God gave us a free will, we should all feel free to use it.

DaDakota