1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Well, the General Betray-ed his wife

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DimeDropper, Nov 9, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

"Anyone skeptical is a conspiracy theorist."

[​IMG]

I figured it was a cover story, but then when the Paula Broadwell information came out it made sense and that is probably the real story.
    The timing after the election is simply expedient to avoid politicizing the event.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

why was his testimony cancelled?

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Its confirmed that he isn't going to give the testimony? That doesn't make sense to me, considering he was the active CIA director during that whole ordeal.

4. Commodore

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>With Petraeus’ resignation effective immediately, he will not testify next week &amp; lawmakers are said to be "stunned" by the announcement</p>&mdash; Bret Baier (@BretBaier) <a href="https://twitter.com/BretBaier/status/267012948822749184" data-datetime="2012-11-09T21:17:02+00:00">November 9, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>What doesn't make sense about it durvasa? He had an affair so he simply can't testify under oath about our murdered ambassador. Totally logical. Stop being a conspiracy theorist.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A. He is a Republican. Why would he sack his career to protect a Dem?
    B. Obama already got re-elected - the Libya incident can't do much harm to him anymore
    C. I think he'd rather resign about the Libya incident than an affair - the later hurts his career more than the former
    D. Congress can still make him testify if they really want to.

6. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Shhh, shhh, shhhh, no logic allowed. It's all a conspiracy for the...republican general...to protect the democratic president..yeahhhh.

7. Major

Major Member

Did I miss something? Are there things that the Deputy Director of the CIA (who will be testifying) can't answer that only Petraeus could?

8. David Stern

David Stern Member

Was the p***y tight?

1 person likes this.
  9. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

why would you object to Petraeus testifying?

10. basso

Supporting Member

was Gmail his undoing?

CIA Director David Petraeus announced his resignation today after just under a year and a half on the job. Petraeus, also a highly-decorated Army general who came to the public spotlight during the Iraq War in 2003, cited an extramarital affair as the reason for his resignation. As the day progressed, more details about the situation which led to Petraeus's resignation have emerged. As described in the Wall Street Journal, Petraeus's affair was discovered as a result of an FBI probe which began "this spring" into Petraeus's personal Gmail account. The FBI, for unknown reasons, believed that someone other than Petraeus was trying to access his Gmail account, and commenced an investigation. The monitoring of Petraeus's personal email led to the FBI's discovery of his affair. Petraeus, reports the WSJ, was unaware of the FBI's investigation until "recently."

This news raises several important questions which will likely be answered as the public gains more transparency into the events which transpired, but one of the most interesting is why the FBI believed someone other than Petraeus was accessing his email to begin with. The Wall Street Journal is also reporting that the FBI now believes that the person who was attempting to access the account was either his biographer Paula Broadwell, whom Petraeus was having an affair with, or "someone close to her." Also unanswered is why the FBI seemingly accessed the CIA director's personal email several months before alerting him to the possible breach of his account. Petraeus's CIA email account undoubtedly had many security measures which would make hacking less likely, but it does lead us to wonder if his Gmail account had two-step authentication enabled.

Petraeus's shocking resignation came just days before he was due to testify before the Senate intelligence committee regarding the CIA's involvement into the September 11, 2012 attack on the US Embassy in Benghazi, Libya.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

what an idiot if he chose to use that account.

He should testify in my opinion.

12. Major

Major Member

I wouldn't. Congress can call him if they want to, and he would have to participate. Or they can choose to let the other guy do it if they want. I don't have a problem with either option.

13. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I object to this being a priority of lawmakers right now. Do you really think US lawmakers should be prioritizing this?

How about they fix the fiscal cliff situation first before they go off on Fox News' little snipe hunt?

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Not testifying protects him from testifying with details about the affair he admitted having...

15. basso

Supporting Member

stolen from Althouse:

Okay. Just so we’ve all got our history right:

1990′s: Use an ill-timed military exercise to divert attention from the botched handling of an extramarital affair.

2010′s: Use an ill-timed extramarital affair to divert attention from the botched handling of a military exercise.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

finally basso, we agree on something

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I am getting confused... which scandal witch hunt is Fox focusing on now? I lost track after the college transcripts from that madrassa in Indonesia...

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

so is she still doing him uh i mean his book:)

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't care if he testifies or not, and I wouldn't care if he took the 5th on matters relating to his personal life, but if Congress subpoenas him, he'll have to show up or go to jail.

20. Commodore

The assassination of a US ambassador?!!?! Not a priority?!?!?