1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Well, I Tried But I Guess I Am Nothing More Than a Hangout Poster

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Oct 24, 2002.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Theres more than one :eek: :D "With arms wide open..."
    There are about a dozen great new threads on Yoa Meng and his buddy Yao in the Rocks forum. Of course don't forget about Cobe, Koby, Colby, Kobe and his sidekick Shack in the NBA forum... ;)

2. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

most of my replies in the Rockets forum are comedic, an image, or a photoshopped picture... I have nothing to add to threads that talk X's and O's.... I love basketball, but I can't pick it apart and break it down like some folks... I could start meaningless threads, but I leave that to the experts.

I have found myself posting a little more in there since YM arrived though! Maybe this will be my breakout season!?

I doubt it...

hey did someone say Creed?

[​IMG]

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

What's the point of this thread?

4. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

What's the point you say??

The point is actually two:

1) I want to have a f*cking pity party for myself
    2) I have come to the realization that I am Hangout Boy's brother! You'll have to excuse me in the fact that that revelation has taken some time getting used to!:p :D

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

That'd be a cool nickname. Hangout Boy's Brother. :D

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

don't fret Manny. Take solace in the fact that you beat me in the Best Poster contest despite being merely a Hangout poster. The Hangout is the Devil for me.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You could join the race with ron356 to see who can copy the hot of the presses Chronicle articles each night.

8. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

9. Mrs. JB

Mrs. JB Member

Since I was dubbed "Hangout Girl" by none other than Clutch himself, I guess I'm somehow related to the two of you. :)

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

:eek: :eek: :eek:

11. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

That means Jeff is RM95's brother-in-law and mine as well!

Alright, that is so cool!:D

12. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

theres five thousand newbies that are posting five billion things that are getting repetitive, boring and just stupid. the hangout is better anyway.

13. kbm

kbm Member

Or you could be this poor sap ---> zilches, who not only got his thread locked but stickied as well. He must have taken the ZRB home-study course to Rockets Forum Fame. Or maybe you could brush up on your chinese and become mini-windandsea!

14. drapg

drapg Member

i know what ya mean Manny...

I originally signed onto this site for the Rockets forum. But I could only read so many trolls with their inane comments and stupid threads like "Maurice Taylor weighs more than my car!" and "When is the wedding date for Steve and Cuttino."

Having to dig through so many asanine threads just to find quality Rocketball information got tiresome.

Than I discovered the Hangout. Thoughtprovoking conversation about politics, race, sports, and everyday life shared by obviously intelligent posters. I found my home!

Don't fight it Manny, its not worth it. The Rockets forum seems to be filled with prepubescents whose idea of fun is to ask stupid questions just to get a reaction. The Hangout is home... :D

15. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

chat on game nights dude

you just got real player, .....

join us luke

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, that's the hangout... a bastion of thought-provoking, non-repetitive intelligence... witness the "hottest chicks" threads, or the "overweight passenger squishes other passenger" threads, or how about the "muslims suck, let's bomb 'em!" threads, or their counterparts the "muslims don't suck, Jews do!" threads? How about the weekly "white people enslaved the human race" or "i'm not a racist, honest!" threads? Bored yet? How about those thought-provoking threads with "Help my pc won't start"? Or the non-repetitive "my leg just got cut off in a lawnmower accident. What should I do?" Amazing how people come here for their doctoring needs before actually contacting a doctor... :D Hey, how about the "I like this girl but I have stankfoot dragon breath so I don't know how to tell her I like her without igniting her hair like a blowtorch ... help me pllzzzz"

Then of course we have the grand poobah of non-repetitive, thought-provoking threads : "Liberals vs. Conservatives - the lines are drawn now!". I swear there are people in here that would turn "chocolate or vanilla - your favorite ice cream flavor?" into a war between liberals and conservatives. Get a clue - neither one of you knucklehead groups have provided a solution. All y'all do is waste time bickering!

I'm guessing you guys just don't know how repetitive you get because you enjoy being repetitive about non-Rocket stuff... you say the Rockets forum is "filled with prepubescents whose idea of fun is to ask stupid questions just to get a reaction". I say the BBS Forum is filled with post-pubescents acting like pre-pubescents whose idea of fun is to ask stupid questions to just get a reaction. :D

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

go eat a bowl of d***s DoD. :)

18. drapg

drapg Member

dayum... i just got b**** slapped!

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

All in good fun, bud... you know I'm just jokin'. :)

20. drapg

drapg Member

of course I do. Actually I liked your post. It took my glamorized ideal of the Hangout and tossed it onto the roadside of realism like an old piece of gum!

:D