1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Welcome Yao!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cedsports, Jun 26, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Cedsports

Cedsports Member

Wow.. this is great. Finally something happens good for the Rockets. It's seems like we were cursed by the Bambino.

I was one of those Anit-Ming guys at the start, but I was always pro-Rockets. It seems that if the Rockets would go through all this trouble to get this guy, they must have a good plan to use him and he has to be worth it.

Now, with everything cleared, I can't wait to see him in a Rockets uniform. I hope he gets the whole country of China talking about the Rockets next season.

Welcome Ming!!

2. lovethisgametoo

---------------------------
    I was one of those Anit-Ming guys at the start
    ------------------------------

I remember this, cedsports. Would you slip into anti-Ming side again if Yao struggled the first season? ........but now I have to say "welcome aboard."

Go Huston, Go Yao!!'

3. Cedsports

Cedsports Member

No I won't slip back into being anti-Ming, because I understand that he will have a slow start.

With Ming playing so much in the summer, I think he may hit a wall a lot earlier than other first year players.

I think that the Rockets expect him to just "change" shots (until he gets his use to the NBA game), rebound, and bring Shaq from the middle so Cat, Steve, and (Woods, or Nachbar) can slash to the lane.

I think his ability to hit the outside shot will be his biggest contribution to the team untill he learns how to bang with the
    Big Boys.

4. JT

JT Member

As a fellow Yao skeptic let me add my welcome to the love fest. I hope the guy pans out and becomes a great player for the Rockets.

5. Possum

Possum Member

WELCOME big fella!