1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Welcome to CHOKE CITY

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by blackistan, May 11, 2019.

1. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

House had an hurt big toe, I've read that it was also infected , which obviously affected his game play. He is a decent to very perimeter defender that provided the length of past players. I think if House was fully healthy it would make a difference.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

fake news

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. bj3175

bj3175 Member

There was rigging involved make no mistake but we helped the cause by going into choke arrest. Tillman made one good promise or point. He said that the teams identity would take on more of his personality as time went on . Which was to fight back. We are good enough to beat anybody right now no problem. Realistically and historically a team that had identity issues always disappoints i9n the playoffs. Two Years ago we had the core of our team in the offseason spend time playing in the drew league to build comradery, thus the 65 win season and wcf game 7. This year that never happened,same talent we have heart issues and head issues.

5. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

So they come from the 14th seed to the 4th seed but are chokers. Obviously you have a very broad definition of the word.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They choked then too. Harden played like **** and when they did manage to have a shot at the 2 seed they ate a bag of dicks to a sorry ass OKC team that got owned by a team starting Enes Kanter.

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Bro, Harden's been "struggling" in critical situations since college. In 74 minutes over 2 games in teh NCAA tourney he was 3-18, 1-8 from three, 8 assists: 6 turnovers.

OKC-Miami
    HOU-OKC (Hou shouldn't have won in any way, but Harden was super inefficient with his normal TO issues)
    HOU-Portland (first two games)
    HOU-LAC Game 6
    HOU-GSW Game 5
    HOU-SAS Games 5 (4th q and OT) and Game 6

This was actually one of his better playoffs, though he still refuses to protect the ball better.

By no means do I expect anyone to outperform every time. Even 50/50 is hard to do in the playoffs. Harden has good games for sure, but multiple clunkers far too often, regardless of the quality of the rest of the team.

I don't think that makes anything CHOKE CITY, though. Losing a 3-1 lead as a 73 win team in the Finals is a CHOKE CITY type thing.

Rockets just close but no cigar city.

Blurr#7 likes this.
  8. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Not worth watching CHOKE CITY anymore.

9. Newlin

Newlin Member

Just because the Rockets can't beat one of the best teams of all time doesn't mean they choked. The Rockets are probably one of the two or three best basketball teams in the world. I know people are disappointed and all, but sometimes the other team is just superior.

The Oilers could never beat the Steelers back in the 70's. I don't think they choked. Sometimes the other team is just better. The Rockets were always the underdog against the Warriors.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

not in game 6 :p

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

When Feagan who covers the Rockets on a daily basis for the Chronicle predicted they would not beat the Warriors in a series, I knew our chances were not good. Harden is simply not a clutch player, but his supporting cast is not too clutch either. Warriors have waves and waves of high-level talent. They are going to coast to another NBA championship. Do you think the Bucks are going to test them? They will likely sweep the Blazers and the Bucks.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The only Choke is the idea that we thought our team was better than the dubs.

It's not like we won 61 games this season

13. Mr. Turbo

Mr. Turbo Member

F@&$ OFF. We tried better than other teams have.

Roc Paint likes this.
  14. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

I am NOT going to argue you because that is what THEY DID. CHOKED thanks James C Harden C stands for Choke

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

So did the blazers choke game 1? What if they lose game 2 tonight?

16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

17. Newlin

Newlin Member

Hakeem was a choker his first nine seasons. He only had two seasons his entire career he didn't choke. I guess this means he's more of a choker than not a choker.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

lol. Tell that moral victory **** to the Spurs after losing to the Heat the first time. They didn't make up an excuse about losing to them, instead they came back the next year and broke them up.

BaselineFade likes this.
  19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

He may have choked early in his career, but his fire was always lit

20. blackistan

blackistan Member

Ha well isn't that cute...in that case let's give em a participation award