1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Welcome back Robert Covington

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Feb 5, 2020.

1. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

This dude is like a lock down cornerback and a ball hawking free safety rolled into one. He still looks like like a NBA 1st team defender. His defensive IQ is off the charts.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is better than I thought he would be. Robert is turning out to be a terrific fit for us.

3. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Jeff Green swooping to the whole like an eagle was an awesome site. Matching him with Covington, Harden, and whoever has it going from Bmore, Russ, House, EGo, PJ, and Rivers. We can play any style you want.

D-rock and BaselineFade like this.
  4. leangle25

leangle25 Member

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

remember when guys were drilling the capela trade lol

Denovo, RudyTBag and BaselineFade like this.
  6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I have to admit that I haven't watched much of Covington since he left the Rockets. I just remember a guy that looked lost as a Rocket D-leaguer. Now I realize why Morey was high enough on him to give up one of the better centers in the league. The guy is an absolute beast on the defensive end. He's also isn't afraid to shoot. I know he won't hit like he did last night, but what annoys me more than anything are guys that pass up on open shots. He just shoots and can pretty much get off his shot on anyone because of his long arms. He's a rich man's Ariza. WOW!!! Good job Morey. Good job Hinkie.

FrontRunner, D-rock, Cstyle42 and 2 others like this.
  7. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I’ve always wanted Lord Cov on this team, but with CP3 and Capela. I didn’t think he’d be such a net positive even with Capela’s contract as the outgoing asset. Happy to have been proven wrong so far

D-rock and BaselineFade like this.
  8. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

9. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Here’s to hoping he can be the millennial Big Shot Bob

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Big Shot Bob

Junkyard Dog

Pocket Rockets

Can you smell what the Rox are cooking?!!?

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I really like his chemistry with Harden and Westbrook. I think there's a good chance he has a career high scoring and rebounding season. Can Covington give us 18ppg in this offense? Not impossible imo.

D-rock likes this.
  12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Well Capela was touted as a member of our Big 3 for years and people here spent a lot of time trying to say that he was critical to our success because he played well against big softies like Gobert and Towns.

We're doing something no one else has ever really done (by choice) so it did seem a little crazy. It's panning out so far. I don't know how it will end up but it's been really fun to watch.

13. TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger Member

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

Well, that's the best defensive center and offensive center in the league, respectively, so I can understand people's viewpoints on Capela.

He just never reached his potential; either that, or he's all tapped out, at this point.

D-rock likes this.
  15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think Embiid is better than both of them. At least the refs think so. They call fouls for him like he is a bubble boy.

I think Towns is in the same league as Jokic and Porzingis.

D-rock likes this.
  16. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

took some bad three point attempts but made up for it on the other end

D-rock likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Clint averaged 1.8 blocks this season. I think Covington can give us the same or more.

And he also had game high 12 rebounds, double what Gobert grabbed.:D

Through six games with the Rockets, Covington is averaging 12.8 points, 7.0 rebounds, and 2.3 blocks in 31.8 minutes per game, and he remains one of the team’s best and most versatile defenders.

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/20...-ensuring-rim-protection-for-smaller-rockets/

What a F'ing steal fam!!

Media and haters just do not have a clue.