1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Week 2] College Football

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by UtilityPlayer, Aug 29, 2016.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

That and they pretty much review anything and everything. Good and bad thing IMO.

2. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Ranking predictions?

UH moves up to 8
    UT leap frogs Baylor into the late teens behind TCU and 1 loss OU.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's been like that for like 10 years now. It's terrible. I actually go to less televised games because of it, I don't want to deal with a 7 hour ordeal. The worst part is the unnecessarily long half time. They take 30-45min for halftime in televised college games.

4. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Pretty crazy

When was the last time that the state of Texas had 5 teams ranked in the AP top 21?

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">No. 4 FSU was down 28-13 at halftime....then this happened.. <br><br>They went on to win, 45-34 <br><br> (via <a href="https://twitter.com/ASeasonWith">@aseasonwith</a>) <a href="https://t.co/jisdb9c9GL">pic.twitter.com/jisdb9c9GL</a></p>&mdash; Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) <a href="https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/773321535050293249">September 7, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

1957 :cool:

7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

That's some Remember the Titans type stuff. lol

8. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Another weekend of college football is upon, and let's put it this way...if you've got a rather lengthy home improvement list of things you're looking to get done this fall, try to get as much done as you can this weekend.

The slate of games is enough to make you want to avert your eyes.

TCU/Arkansas might be interesting, there are a couple of SEC games (that are probably going to be ugly) between teams that are going to need all the wins they can get (UK/UF and MSU/S. Car.), and then there are some fun games later in the day for various reasons, such as Tennessee/VT because it's being played at Bristol Motor Speedway and TTU/Arizona State because that one has shootout written all over it, but overall, it's not great.

9. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

****ing Comcast! I just switched to them and they don't have the Longhorn Network so I can't see the game. Anyone have any links to share that might be of use?

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

That network is still alive?

just look online on game day. I use strikeout.mobi a lot. OR google reddit college football streams

1 person likes this.
  11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Lulz.

12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

ESPN3 carries most games. They may have it.

13. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

TCU is going to rip Arkansas a new one.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Lamar Jackson putting up video game stats on easy mode

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Syracuse QB tried to do the same hurdle over a player and almost died. He might be dead, he landed on his neck... Dungey: Walking dead.

16. jdh008

jdh008 Member

He's been really ridiculous. He had a 74-yard passing TD and a 74-yard rushing TD less than three minutes into the game.

His Syracuse counterpart, Eric Dungey, actually has some game as well. If the Orange had been able to do anything defensively in the first moments of the game, we might actually have a ballgame on our hands. It's only 35-21 at the half, but this felt like it was going to be a blowout for much of the first half. As it is, I just don't know that Cuse can slow down Jackson enough to give the offense a chance to get all the way back into it.

On an aside, I don't know that Syracuse will ever be as consistently good as they were under Paul Pasqualoni back in the 90s (think the Donovan McNabb-era Orange) given that they're playing in a much tougher league these days, but I think they've got the right guy to give it a shot in Dino Babers. For one, Syracuse needs a recruiting edge over their league counterparts, and Babers' exciting style probably gives them that, at least over the rest of the mid-to-low-tier ACC teams. Beyond that, there may not be a better home field for the type of high-speed offense that they want to run there. You never have to worry about weather (remember the TCU/Baylor game last year?), and you never have to worry about inconsistencies in the playing surface.

Also, selfishly, even if they're bad, they will still be fun.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This Louisville/Syracuse game is like watching Arena Football.

18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Pitt is running all over Penn State right now. I said last year that this would be James Franklin's last year at Penn State and I still think that is true.

James Conner is the real deal. I've been saying it for three years now, even before the cancer. Last week was a bad week for him, as his first week back. Starting this week he'll show the world he's the real deal. The next Jerome Bettis, and he can probably be had in the third or fourth round next year.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

LOL, Michigan has already blocked 3 kicks by UCF halfway through the 1st quarter.

20. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

There really aren't any great match ups this week in College Football.

Sucks.