1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Weeding out those pesky bandwagoners

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htwnbandit, May 19, 2015.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, he told him he was going not coming back to the rockets

2. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

What current broadcaster for another NBA team had an indirect role in the Rockets 1994 championship?

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

bump to this page in case you didn't see my follow-up question, within the quotes

EXTRA BONUS POINTS if you can name rockHEAD's website where he posts his professional photography. Those in the Texans forum might have an advantage here.

4. tinman

Supporting Member

Camera on a flip phone

5. heypartner

nope. HINT: he didn't actually have a camera with him.

6. heypartner

Jim Petersen -- Minnesota Timberwolves. One of the worst homers in the business -- sorry Jim.

btw: do I get extra credit for spelling his name correctly?

7. Cranberry_Juice

Question:

Name a thread where the OP feels that he has to alienate fans, whether die hard or casual, so that he can feel better himself?

Seriously? Would you rather have a block party where everyone is welcomed or a bunch of self loathing arseholes sitting in one corner of starbucks playing Magic. As ambassadors of the Rockets you should herald and educate the masses so they too can appreciate the same joy you have watching the Rockets.

8. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I was actually thinking of Sean Elliott.

The abortive trade of Robert Horry to Detroit for Sean Elliott ended up motivating Horry, transforming him into a key player in the Clutch City championships.

9. heypartner

cool -- I was wondering why you were saying Petersen "had an indirect role." I'm like: What am I missing, or is Jake just dissing.

10. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

World played for GS? Wasn't thinking of him. Was thinking of Purvis Short

11. heypartner

I forgot about Short. I'm not sure how many season Free played with GSW, but I'm sure it was high scoring. Let's make that trivia Four, next time.

12. heypartner

Answer here

rockHEAD didn't have a camera with him. He talked to Hakeem, and came here to post the bombshell. Many newbs didn't believe him. But he worked in the IT/control room in Whole Foods, so he accessed the security camera footage of the previous 30 minutes, and found the cameras that had Hakeem walking through, and grabbed about two of them. One from the camera at the cash registers, and one of the parking lot cameras.

stunning.

Good thing that was before FB and social media, because the pics would have gone viral on tweeter, and he probably would have been fired.

13. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

No idea who it could've been. I do remember a pretty infamous line from Gene Peterson following that.

Question: What was Gene's reaction to that game in '93 at San Antonio after Robinson tip-dunked the shot after time expired?

14. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Scotty brooks was usually our 4th quarter closer in 92-93. Was it him

15. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I agree, that's why us old-timers have just hijacked this thread and made it a fun Rockets trivia thread. Actually, the OP wasn't insulting at all. The title could be better and less divisive, but I don't think anyone ITT has taken it to the division route. We're all keeping it light-hearted here.

I remember most of the pics were of Dream's backside. It also started the rH rule of pics or GTFO.

I watched it on tv, so no idea.

Matt Bullard, big time shot maker.
    And the Summit gathering was titled the "It should have been a home game game."

16. tinman

Supporting Member

Pre harden is old timers? That must mean kim, heypartner and i are in the dinosaur age

17. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I'm pre harden, pre tmac and pre Francis. Guess I am a fossil

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he said '86…..that was steve harris

19. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

Wait a minute, we're judging bandwagons by how long they been on this message board?

Yea, ok, because Rockets fans didn't exist before clutch fans was created in 99. :rolleyes:

20. RedNation97

RedNation97 Member