1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Weapons (Besides Guns) - What Weapons interest you?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Apr 28, 2020.

1. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]
    (hl2 gravity gun!!1!)

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm not really into weapons, but always have been fascinated by people that hunt with bows/compound bows. I've watched videos of them taking down elk, hogs, buffalo, etc. and it always seemed so cool hunting like that.

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like to do something with my time..

4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Story time: A buddy and I went to a Mexican night club that was celebrating a friends birthday. Well, I thought the whole place was rented out for the party. It wasnt, meaning there were other groups and parties there. So in the middle of the night, the bouncers line up on stage and one of them announces that if there is any trouble or fighting, they were going to use this stick; he raises it and all you see is a flashing light from the tip of it and hear ZRAP, ZRAP. Well, the night goes on and our group is having a good time, when all of a sudden these young wannabe gangster groups start fighting. We were standing about 20 feet away from the situation and see the bouncers run in a uniform line to intervene. All of a sudden we see one of them raise one of those sticks and ZRAPs it right in the neck of one of the guys fighting. He went limp on contact and fell to the floor in an instant. Chaos ensues and order was semi-restored thereafter.

WTF was that thing he used? I found out later, the instrument in question was a cattle prodder. I never laughed so hard watching a guy go from fighting, to wanting to fight a bouncer and then drop like a sack of potatoes. Life lesson: do not **** with a guy with a cattle prodder in hand. It could end badly for you.

[​IMG]

Kim likes this.
  5. Jontro

Jontro Member

i like broadswords and cap's shield.

6. elrond

elrond Member

Yeah, only took one semester, and at the end felt like I knew the basics. Not ready for olympic competition, but fun all the same. Probably the biggest downside of the class is that the armor/headgear is pretty hot and you get really sweaty. I think it's fairly expensive, so pretty much no one is going to buy their own set just for one semester. Add to that they likely only wash the gear maybe once in between semesters, and it's shared among all the classes, and you can pretty much guess where I'm going with this. Poking people with a long thin object is quite a lot of fun, and doesn't hurt in the least (at least for foil). Epee/Saber may be different.

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

The most powerful weapon of all time:

upload_2020-5-1_8-38-56.jpeg

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sarcasm. I'm serious.

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I’m no weapons master but I do like added utility. So for me, the Kukuri wins.

You can fight, use it as a tool and....DANCE!

Bonus- it’s weighted properly to split a skull, vital in the Zombie Apocalypse.