1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"We would have won the series in 5 if Iggy played" - Steve Kerr

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, May 29, 2018.

1. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I agreed with Kerr. If Iggy played, they wouldn't have lost one of the two home games and giving home court right back to Houston. Remember, there are two very close games that Houston won....very very close. They could have gone both way. But of course, people will dismiss it as nothing.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I’d LOVE to play a game 7 with both teams at full strength. But the reality is that we were more vulnerable to injury than them due to the makeup of our roster.

basketballholic likes this.
  3. solid

solid Contributing Member

What a jerk! And the Rockets may have won it in six if Paul had played.

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I think the convenient thing forgotten here is that Moute was available but clearly not 100% at all; he was a major part of our rotation when healthy. Ditto Anderson (although how much of Ryno's problems are physical or mental, who knows).

Iguodala is probably more important to GSW than either of the Rockets players I just mentioned are to the Rockets, but it's a big part of the reason D'Antoni stuck to 7 guys. It's his M.O., sure, but I think Luc would have at least got in there.

#24 ROXTXIA, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
    lw17 likes this.
  5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Who cares? If X didn't get hurt in year Y, then Z. Why did he/you neglect to speculate what would have happened if other players WERE hurt? Because it's a stupid exercise? Especially after you've just beat a team?

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Likewise why are you dismissing Luc being out with injury. Luc was just as good if not better than Iggy for us with hsi defense and offense.

We didn't have him for the entire series.

With a healthy Luc, we would be up 2-0 against the Warriors.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

why wouldn't they have loss game 3 or 4. theres nothing you could say that could remotely be close to validate that kind of guess. other than thats just what you think

hou blew out a a full GS team in game 2, so having iggy play is no where near impossible to beat

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

His team "won". He gets to talk.

Next.

9. lw17

lw17 Member

He was responding to something D Antoni said (Rox playing Thursday if CP3 didn't get hurt, I think). I'm not defending him either, he's a chump regardless of his team and status. Cocky, arrogant, pricks...........I really wished the Rockets took down snake, donkey, mouthguard chewer and their ass coach.

#29 lw17, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
  10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

to be honest I really like watching the Warriors play (at least not against Houston) prior to them adding KD and even at times now its just fun casual basketball to watch.

But pretty much all of them outside of Klay really do not conduct themselves with any humility or class. Contrast that with how other past champions conducted themselves its really odd. Even more so in that while I dont believe any of their championships are illegitimate, but every time they have had to face any sort of adversity things broke their way dramatically (kryie/Love hurt, Klay going supernova in game 6/no draymond suspension, Kawhi hurt and now CP3 hurt) which makes their arrogance even more frustrating.

darksoul35 and sirbaihu like this.
  11. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Luc is not at the same level as Iggy. Iggy did so much more. He is like another QB for them out there like Draymond Green. The fact that you compare Luc to Iggy show you do not know about the Warriors talents.

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Did you send GSW a congratulations?

Zboy and bballjunkie like this.
  13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

A combination of inferiority complex and letting success get to the heads.

Their feelings really got hurt when Lebron beat them in the Finals. They all ran to Durant to beg him to come over so that they would be favourites once again. Durant, being the p***y he is, and of the same mindset, gladly obliged.

I cant emphasize enough how much of a cowardly act it was for Durant to get his ass handed to him by the Warriors, after he himself choked against them in the playoffs, and then to join them. A team that had won 70+ games and had won a championship. It was absolutely disgraceful. That was the day that I stopped being a Durant fan, and honestly Rockets were not even in the picture then.

Thr Warriors will all take massive pay cuts to keep that team together because deep down each one of them knows that if they dont have so much star power, they will most likely not win.

Worse yet, they are all truly afraid to compete on an even playfield. They need to go into the battle knowing that they are heavy favourites. The ultimate front runner team. When everything is going well, they are all on the mark but when things are not going well, they struggle. But they still take comfort knowing that because they have so many star players, one of them will break through the funk and then the rest will join in.

It really is a team of insecure cowards.

And guess what? It all starts at the very top. Their owner and their coach.

As classless as they come.

slothy420, Audioout and darksoul35 like this.
  14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

The fact that you dont think Luc's defense and offense would have made a big difference to us shows that you didnt watch him play for us before he went down with injury.

Luc's perimeter defense would have been a game changer.

Add to the fact that we were playing such a short rotation, multiply his importance by an additional 1.25 at the very least.

Mr. Space City likes this.
  15. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Would the refs rig the games more of Iggy was playing?

Doesn’t seem like a strong correlation to me, but maybe it is?

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lmao yea ok keep believing that Stevie. Has the easiest job in sports. So it looks like if the rockets won game 7 "we didn't have iggy" would have been the excuse.

17. Mr. Space City

yeah pre-shoulder injury luc is not as important as iggy.

Deckard, Zboy and sirbaihu like this.
  18. abaker28

abaker28 Member

I was fairly impressed with the comments from GSW players saying how tough we were and what a fight we put up - until these shitty arrogant comments from Kerr.
    F**k Kerr and f**k GSW!
    Keep the core together and re-tool for next season. Bring on next season and lets go all the way and shove those comments up Kerrs a*se!

sirbaihu and hou$tonScrew$tonTX like this.
  19. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

More like the Rockets would have won in 5 if Luc Mbah A Moute, Chris Paul and Ryan Anderson were not injured. Not to mention if the integrity of the nba refs was intact!

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

All championship teams appear to play with swagger — save perhaps the Spurs teams. I think it’s easy to mistake that for classless arrogance.

What does Curry do that Klay doesn’t that makes you he doesn’t play with class?

The only regular who’s play could be construed as dirty, to me, is Draymond. And he’s a guy every team would love to have.