1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We will WIN from the draft (more ways than one)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MostLoyalFan, Jul 3, 2012.

1. MostLoyalFan

MostLoyalFan Member

It's no secret that the Houston Rockets drafted Hakeem Olajuwon. I love Hakeem as a player for my beloved team and the fact that all of his success as a professional basketball player happened in Houston. I love the draft because we never know who will turn out to be the next beloved athlete for our franchise. Houston fans have GREAT EXPECTATIONS because of this man. Face it. It's because of Hakeem that we expect to compete. It's because of Hakeem that we believe we can take on any opponent. It's because of Hakeem that we hang on to hope even when the horizon is bleak. I want the next Hakeem. Screw players like Dwight, Carmelo, & Lebron. You young guys on this site just don't get it. Skill is half the battle--character makes a professional. I want a Kevin Durant. A Derrick Rose. Maybe a Jeremy Lamb. A Royce White. A Terrence Jones. Let's embrace our picks and love them. We never know who they'll turn out to be.

This is the best Hakeem video I've ever seen. There has never been a more deserving player in my opinion to receive recognition. He is humble, gifted, and extremely loyal to our franchise. There is also no greater reward for fans than to witness a player play their heart out for a decade for a team before winning a championship. More than I want multiple championships, I want Houston to experience loyalty from players who quietly and humbly play their hearts out day in and day out for THE WIN--always dedicating themselves to accomplish more than before and striving to get better as all around players. Hakeem, thank you for your accomplishments that we as Rockets fan can share in and pretend we have a stake in. You're the man and the ultimate professional. I hope we can draft someone of your quality again to return this franchise to the glory that you brought it into.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QoKMBu9lAuo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. mic

mic Contributing Member

Hakeem Olajuwon - 1st pick
    Kevin Durant - 2nd pick
    Derrick Rose - 1st pick

Jeremy Lamb - 12th pick
    Royce White - 16th pick
    Terrence Jones - 18th pick

-_-

3. MostLoyalFan

MostLoyalFan Member

fair enough. Kobe went 13.

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Bynum 10th. Dirk 9th. Pierce 10th. TMac 9th.

5. Grape_Swisha281

Steve Nash was the 15th pick

6. MostLoyalFan

MostLoyalFan Member

are you agreeing or saying only top 10 picks are worth anything?

7. smr6

smr6 Member

Kobe would of been taken higher by the Nets, but he basically told every other team "I only want to play for the Lakers".

I actually read a pretty good article on it somewhere.

8. Toast

Toast Member

Um ... even Dream demanded a trade at one point in his career. (He ended his playing days in Toronto.)

Tim Duncan's a high character guy with nothing but loyalty.

Kobe wanted out of LA not too long ago.

Jordan played for the Wizards.

Etc., etc., etc.

9. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Royce White and Terrence Jones could and should have gone higher. Jeremy Lamb can shoot better than Beal IMO... He's also one that should have been picked higher if it wasn't for his "disinterest" ... Rockets drafted great rookies, and I agree. They shouldn't be dealt.

People can say Lamb should gain weight all they want. Maybe Reggie Miller should have. Maybe Kevin Martin should. The bottom line is Lambs skillset shouldn't be denied. I'm very excited about these rookies. Way more than the possibility then landing rentals. These rookies alone (my opinion) will make players want to join the Rockets eventually. Keep the rookies. Keep the rookies. Please keep the rookies.

10. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

Manu was like 55 I believe but who cares....these guys are gonna be good but not if we're stacked and they can't get on the floor

11. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

You use Manu as an example of a #55 pick that panned out (actually 57); but then use Rockets as being too stacked to get these rookies PT.

Manu, your example, was on a championship team haha.

12. conquistador#11

well we wanted players with potential and now we have them. Either they're going to be potentially awful or potentially great. 1 of those four will pan out.(dmo,royce,lamb,jones) Just one, that's all we need for now.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Personally...

I feel White, Lamb, and D-mo have really high potential. Moreso than any other rookie drafted the past 5 or so years? Other than Rudy Gay I guess who was then traded any ways.

14. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Parsons was a 2nd rounder

;)

Thanks for the link to the vid...yes, I hope we keep our draft picks and see what happens. Although, trading for a superstar not name dwight howard would be ideal. Just not gonna happen :(