1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We want that 8th seed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bratna8, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Karolik

Karolik Member

kind of hard to get GS when you aren't even 8th seed...

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

That's all part of the plan! Sneak in to the 8th spot, punk the warriors then ride that momentum all the way to a title. This is fkn brilliant!

3. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Common son I love Dream but he was ready to cut tail when "Fake injury gate" went down.

4. sfayner

sfayner Member

It's a trick.We can beat the GSWs but they will tire us out and then San Antone will beat us in 7.

5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Well that's a loser mentality...

If James "didn't learn a single thing past what he knows/does right now" then we might as well trade him now... cause he's got superstar ability but not a championship mentality...

but I suppose if your goal is to make 1 trip to the finals and lose... then James as he's presently constructed is a good bet...

6. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

I always thought Harden was more of SA killer guy, maybe he changed to GSW killer instinct?

7. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

"5th seed" "6th seed"
    are people delusional or am I in some parallel universe? We're not going to make the playoffs this season.

8. Rickem

Rickem Member

I remember that Hakeem. There was even the old "trade demand" period he went through a year or so before the 1st ring.

But it's a different generation with these young guys now. So unless Harden also has a faith he intends to reclaim it's a bit of a stretch to see the same scenario play out 25 years later.

To the OP topic, we've seen the 8th seed take out dominant one's - 94 Nugs, 07 Dubs. Pound for pound this Houston roster is more talented than those prior teams along with actually having gone far just the prior year.

We'll have to see if GS can retain it's historical domination in an actual series where teams can heavily prepare and scout.

I kinda like your train of thought.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think you meant someone like Steph Curry. Not everyone is entitled to compare himself with Hakeem.

On the off chance that Harden can win a ship and be all great, we would be ecstatic.

You have to grow a heart and have bonding relationships with most of your teammates.

10. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

I want a pick :D

11. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

you can't be serious

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah I'm predicting we get swept lol

13. MistaK

MistaK Member

Yeah you are definitely reaching here! I'm sure the last thing the Rockets would want, is to face GS in the first round. Why would you want to face them in the first round, when you can aim for 'better' matchups and potentially a deep playoff run?

That said, even with the 8th seed I don't think the Rockets will be an easy out.

I don't know why, I'm probably just as delusional as you LOL, but I do think that after taking so many beatings against GS the tide will have to turn eventually - just like it did against the Clippers last season, after the Clippers had beaten the Rockets I don't know how many times in the last couple of years.

14. Outlier

Outlier Member

I'm with OP, i like our chances better against GSW than SA.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Utah better not **** us over and stay in 9th.

Come on. Yall are young. You need the playoff experience.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

we want the seventh seed as much?:confused:

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Im gonna let you guys in on a secret.

A big secret.

Those of us in the know..know. so here it is.

Rockets are playing the long, long, long game against the Warriors.

The pieces are falling into place, the 11 dimensional chess required to get them into this position is beyond brilliant.

If you think about it though it all begins to make sense. The curious feat of eternally hovering around .500, the self inflicted wounds, the ability to beat good teams and then lose to bad ones, the stashing of Beasley in China...it's all too perfect.

It's basically "The Count of Morey Cristo".

A few months from now, people will talk about the NBA in terms of two eras, before Rox-Warriors, and after.

18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We would get slaughtered against the warriors and rightly so. We have to pray we can get that 6th seed.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well I welcomed Baron Davis and the Warriors dethroning the Mavs and MVP Dirk in the first round.

Would welcome the Rox doing the same to the Warriors this season

Well, the Rox might be doing the same to the Spurs or the Thunder

Lol