1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We should target on Boozer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hard Rock, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

Jazz Look To Trade Boozer

I think a Scola + Battier package should do it. they got Scola and save $ in this deal to avoid luxury tax & re-sign Milsap, also Sloan'd love Battier.
    Boozer is an upgrade of Scola in scoring & rebounding which we need to fill Yao's vacancy.

also I think Barbosa could be had for expiring contracts; something like Barry+Cook+probably Budinger or future 2nd rd. pick can get it done. Barbosa can provide the scoring punch off bench (much more efficient than Von)
    if Not re-building, T-Mac for Baron+Kaman should be re-considered now OR
    if the Bulls try to dump Hinrich's contract I'd love a T-Mac for Hinrich+Miller

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

So we give away too really good players, to get one good player back. What's the point?

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Don't think the Jazz are interested in sending Boozer to their biggest division rival :rolleyes:

Now, next year when he becomes a free agent ...

4. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

5. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

i woudlnt mind it...but not scola and battier. maybe mcgrady and someobody else

6. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

I'm wary of ever taking on Utah players, especially after Shandon, because they're such a smooth system-based team that they often make players look a lot better than they are. Boozer strikes me as the kind of guy that will suddenly look a lot worse if ever changes teams.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The point in trading Boozer is to dump salary and avoid paying tax... so I'm thinking Utah is targeting one of the under-the-cap teams first, who can take Boozer without giving nearly as much salary back.

8. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

You sick. That gives us double-headache.

9. rocketman5803

rocketman5803 Member

if we really need a jazz player,I prefer Milsap

10. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

HELL NO

/thread

11. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

no because he's a jazz player. its like sayin we want tim duncan, theyre good players, but they are our rivals. the only player i would want from a huge rival is kobe.

12. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Why so we can have 50M of cap space sitting on the bench with injuries. He's been out with injuries 3 of the 7 years he's been in the league plus he may be a one year rental not worth giving up 2 good players for.

13. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Why is this three stars? This is effing Carlos Boozer. Probably top 5 in NBA jerks. And we'd be doing the Jazz a solid, they want to get rid of him, what the hell.

14. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

the sick thing about this proposal, we're giving up 2 great players for one that comes from hell.

15. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

NO... you make that move only for the guy to not resign with us next year and then on top of that, you don't have Luis anymore...

I really don't know why people think we need to make a move just for the sake of making a move...

If the trade doesn't get a pure shooter or a center, then why the hell would the Rockets make it now?

16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I agree

i'll bring the rotten apples and tomatoes and you bring the eggs

oh wait you want to target him for a trade?

no way in hell

17. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

EFFFFFFFFFFF that.
    we need scola and battier
    we dont need our players going to hell by playing for Utah

18. Cupidsmoke

Cupidsmoke Member

The Jazz aren't in our division, biggest CONFERENCE rival is a different thing

19. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

HELL TO DA MUTHA F ING NO ! :mad:

20. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

Actually I thought about trading for him the other day. Trade TMac for him. They both come off the books next year. They can create some money through insurance on Grady's contract to absorb the Millsap contract this year and then let Grady fall off next year. It allows them to go ahead and start the guy they want.