1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We should root for the Warriors!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Vivid, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Vivid

Vivid Member

Obviously this coupled w/ a Rockets victory over the Sonics = HCA...but I also believe that the Warriors pose the biggest threat to the Mavs in the opening round...I can see the Clippers getting swept...I can also the GSW stealing a couple... we have to go day by day...one win at a time... but a true winner couples foresight with prudence... if we beat the Jazz I don't want to give the Mavs anymore rest or advantage over us... so I say go Warriors not just tommorow but the rest of the season...and as an aside...does anyone know the extent of AK47's injury and does anybody want to venture a pondering on how that will shake things up match up wise?

-V

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the warriors are not going to:
    1. make the playoffs
    2. beat the mavs if they made the playoffs

quite smoking.

3. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

I live in the bay so I'm already ahead of you but still the Warriors probably aren't making the playoffs, but if they did, they MIGHT not get swept. Dallas does have a hard time matching up with them, just not sure if it matters in the playoffs.

Actually, you all should really root with me when the play the Jazz. :D

4. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Have already been doing so for over three weeks now, but all the more reason to root for them now that it directly benefits our team.

5. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Don't know about that.....they play the same way and I think the Warriors are a more athletic team....Dallas is just a better team as a whole. I wouldn't be surprise if this series goes to 6 or 7 games. You can almost count GS in over the Clips for that final slot.

6. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

they do seem to pose a bigger challenge to Mavs than other potential 8th seed. check their records.

7. Vivid

Vivid Member

1. If Dallas beats the Clippers tommorow...which they will...and GSW beat the Jazz...like we should all be praying...then GSW are in the playoffs, as far fetched as that is.

2. I don't believe I said anything about actually winning but if I had my choice of possible 8th seed canidates I would like to throw against what will become my next round opponent...I think I'll go with the Warriors...a few reasons why: They have a small versatile line up that can at least attempt to out shoot and out score the mavs... they are the only team to be undefeated against the Mavs so far...and they were the only team to beat the Mavs during the Mavs March roll where they piled up win after win (in 17 point fashion I might add)... yeah it takes a little bit of luck..and again a stretch...but in a game of matchups...we might as well have a team that decently matches up against them..but of course I understand all this is also a stretch...

takes for the tip but I never started,

-V

8. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Dallas will beat the sh*t out of GSW in the playoffs -> it won't even be close.

9. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Dallas fan are you :confused: :rolleyes: :confused:

10. PktRockets

PktRockets Member

I dont think GS can beat DAL in the playoffs, but they can possibly take them to game 6 or 7, which is better for rox if they go to 2nd round. Clips will get swept easily, and DAL will get a lot of rest, which is no good. GO GS, DO IT!!!!!!!

11. BroadwayBelm

BroadwayBelm Member

The warriors are 2-0 vs. Dallas.

You can't say you wouldn't want GS to play Dallas claiming they're going to get beat by Dallas...well duh. ANY 8 SEED is gonna get beat by Dallas. But of our options, which has the best chance?

The warriors.

AND you can't say they aren't going to get the 8th seed. 1 game back with 5 to play vs.:

Utah
    Sac
    Minny
    Dal
    Port.

While the clips have 7 games remaining (considering they're are a below .500 team, this could only hurt them theoretically; most likely they'll go 1-1 in those 2 extra games, but there's a better chance they'll got 0-2 then 2-0).

Dal
    NOK
    Lal
    Port.
    Sac
    Phx.
    NOK

...not an easy stretch by any means.

GO WARRIORS!!!

12. BroadwayBelm

BroadwayBelm Member

NOK is the real wild card in this mix, because they are 2 games back of the Clips for the 8th spot, and they got 2 games remaining vs. them...

so basically anyone of those 3 teams has a legit chance at the last spot.

13. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

I think GSW could win a game or two, make the Mavs work, at least then we might both have played the same number of games or so and might be slightly more even.

14. Yakapo

Yakapo Member

Gooooo Warriors!!!

Beat Utah!!!!

Beat Dallas!!!!

*big herkie jump* *shake pom poms*

Wooooot!

15. max14

max14 Member

WOW that's gay. Shake pom poms ?????!!!

I'm a big fan of AB, so yeah I support the warriors. Hope they stuff the mavpricks.

16. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Its gonna be a wild finish. The Lakers are only one game up in the loss column on the 8 seed Clippers. They could very well fall to the 8th seed although unlikely. The Lakers still have games against the Nuggets, Clippers, and Suns.

17. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

i think it's funny how everyone thinks golden state can challenge dallas in the playoffs based on a few meaningless regular season games. dallas would run them off the court and make them wish they had opted for the lottery if the two met in the postseason.

18. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

I don't think any of those teams will pose any threat to the Mavs. I just think GS will give them a better challenge than the Clipps and Hornets. I think all these teams will get swept in the first round but if there is a team that can turn it into a 5 game series, it's the Warriors. Whatever can give the Rockets a little edge if they make it to the second round.

19. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i've been rooting for the warriors, but not just because their the team with the best chance to make the mavs work, but because they actually play with some fire and passion out there. guys like baron davis, jason richardson, and stephen jackson are fearless and wont back down from anyone. i know they won't beat the mavs, but they should at the very least have some close, entertaining games.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the warriors are good team. i'm rooting for the Clips.
    once they make it to the playoffs. expect a healthy Cassell and a Tim Thomas who actually earns his money.