1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We should have cleaned house....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by We're Back, Jun 2, 2003.

1. We're Back

We're Back Member

Instead of pretending that Rudy stepped down due to his illness, Les should have stepped up and cleaned house. We need to show some sack. CD is sitting on his hands while the competiton dictates the pace of the coaching search. It is truly sad that he is talking about taking things slow, and taking a few days to himself and such. He is also scared to go for Carlisle because he is not bright enough to figure out a way to do it without chaisng off JVG and Dulleavy (not a typo). CD should have been canned before he can figure out a way to blow the next draft. Please, god, tell me that Homer drew doesn't have any more sons!

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again. CD is a nice man but I am not confident with him in a leadership position, perhaps because he is such a nice man.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It doesn't look like Brown really had Houston as his first choice anyway. Silas wasn't the second choice to begin with, so I don't think we've really lost anything.

4. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

It sounds to me like you have already solidified your place as the next Rocket GM. Why dont you give Les a call and plead your case. Good luck.

5. We're Back

We're Back Member

"It sounds to me like you have already solidified your place as the next Rocket GM. Why dont you give Les a call and plead your case. Good luck."
    Drewdog,
    Very clever. Did you cut and paste that from the first ever thread ever posted? And you are a senior member? The point of this BBS is for fans to express their views. That was such a weak comment. I can't help it if CD is hapless. Why don't you call Les and ask him if he'll let Yao slap you with 4'6'' of limp d***?

6. Nashvegas

Nashvegas Contributing Member

Moochie's taller than 4'6" isn't he? :D

7. We're Back

We're Back Member

no, but you just explained the fro...

8. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Here's the first thread (well, on this version of the board anyway) ever: Link. I see nothing remotely similar.

9. Drewdog

Classy. How long did it take you to think that one up? And did you actually think it was funny?

:rolleyes:

10. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Wow. Some of these new guys won't last long.

11. We're Back

We're Back Member

Kids,
    I was sneaking in to Rockets games growing up while ya'll were begging your daddies for tickets. I live and die with them. How about we make a bet? I will be around this BBS longer than CD will be the GM. Any takers?

12. We're Back

We're Back Member

And oh yeah, I could never compete in the class department with a guy that is apparently proud of his dream to sponsor some models bike seat...Jeez...........

13. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

god at least we arent clippers fans. les has a good history making decisions (or at least funding them). if and when this is all over, then we can decide how inept he is. who knows, maybe hes got a surprise for us

14. We're Back

We're Back Member

I think that historically Les is pretty good about shelling out the cash and supporting his staffs moves. I think that his recent reticence is probably related to the numerous blunders they have made over the last several years. He is tired of wasting money. It should be a clue to any CD supporters that coached aren't bending over backwards to coach Yao. You see, when CD is ineterviewing coaches, in a way they are interviewing CD too. I must not be too hard for an intelligent outsider to see that the organization has become a circus.

And by the way, Drewdog, while it wasn't exactly Dave Chapelle level material, that sh** was funny. You got clowned,"Senior Member".

15. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Isn't this a bit of a premature judgement?

Which coaches of significance do you know for sure haven't shown any interest? Cotton Fitzsimmos?

Brown's choice of the Pistons makes sense at this stage of his career. Not a great deal of interest was shown by the Rockets in Silas and, well, he had a chance to coach LeBron James and cash a check for sure for the next several years. I would have done what both of these men did had I been in their shoes.

Let's be realistic.

16. We're Back

We're Back Member

Premature? 12 Million to Rudy,Untold riches to cato, Moochie, and Glenn Rice, No Rashard Lewis, instead Bryce Drew, Dickerson, and some Turkicsh guy, 25% of the Nets championship roster for EG, et al...

17. Drewdog

Dont you have to be at McDonalds in a few minutes?

18. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Wasn't Rudy's money Les' call? Cato has grown into his deal. Moochie was a mistake, I agree. Glen Rice's contract was acqired. Most would say that Rashard is overpaid. Jury is out on Griffin but there is grumbling. Drew was a mistake. Dickerson helped us get Francis. Turksan was a boo-boo. Kinf of a mixed result; show me a team without such mixed result...

I was primarily referring to your stout criticism of the coaching search.

19. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

I don't see anything wrong with that.... :D

But seriously, cleaning the house won't solve anything, IMHO. I don't think there was anything we could have done to get Larry or Paul, they had probably already made up their minds. Once the Pistons fired Carlisle, (possibly even before) they had basically signed Larry Brown. Paul Silas, I assume, might have been in the same position. Reports are saying that Les has narrowed the search down to 2 (guess which ones....:rolleyes: ), and he is ready to interview them again. Obviously he wants the best there is.

But by 'cleaned house', do you mean ripping the team apart? That would be nuts! We already have a great PG, and a future all-star Centre. Our SG isn't that bad, either. Sure, we could (and probably will) make a few trades this offseason, but a total house cleaning? That, as I said before, won't solve anything.

20. BubbaMac

BubbaMac Contributing Member

I agree with this one. We should have cleaned house. Why is Larry and Rudy still hanging around? I hope they don't have any input as to who the new coach is going to be.

Les should have kicked Rudy, CD, Smith collectives arses all out on the street and just bring in a completely new regime.

This is the only way for a change. Otherwise its like letting Saddam Hussein's brothers rule Iraq.