1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

we should bring back Kevin willis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MovieManiac, Aug 25, 2002.

Tags:
  1. MovieManiac

MovieManiac Member

Drop collier eat his salary and bring back Willis...

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

3. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

NO! WE NEED OUR CREAMPUFF MAN! :mad:

Actually, I wish we could keep Willis. I think he may have had some impact on the team last year. (or maybe not.) Too bad it doesn't look like we'll keep him.

4. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

When did they drop him?

Yes, bring him back. Willis is a player!!! He can always give
    you 10 rebounds and a lot of offensive rebounds.

Plus, he's the best workout partner for Yao; so he can buildup
    his upper body.

5. RC Cola

If you go to the Clutchcity homepage, Clutch has an article about him. Basically, it says Willis will play next year, but probably not with the Rockets. I would read it, if I were you.

6. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

If Willis came back here he would get a total of 0 min. I think Willis is still a servicable backup but with both Cato and Ming there are no minutes for him.

7. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Last thing we need is Kevin "Butterfingers" Willis. I really think Willis puts vaseline on his fingers before every game. How else do you explain why he cant catch a ball

To those new members, I would like to remind you that Kevin Willis was the biggest reason why the Rockets lost to the Jazz in the 1997 West Finals.

Clutch's Game 2 recap of that series says it all.

Please get over this guy, he has not done that much for the Rockets like many think he has.

8. RC Cola

Ok, he may not be that good, but I think he better than *gasp* Collier. I'm ok with not resigning him, but I think he'd be an ok backup and mentor. I wouldn't expect much.

All that said, I predict Collier will step up and prove me wrong. He will score 20ppg......never mind...forget I said that.

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

the only reason i would want willis back is to help mold yao into a gym rat like himself. maybe the rockets should offer him a player/coach position.

10. Panda

Panda Member

Willis was a very good player, but he's on decline. Last year he couldn't catch the ball, didn't rebound a lot. This year he'll be even worse.

11. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Sorry- Bad move there is no place in our young team. They must develop their chemistry with the players, who are going to be here a long time. The only older player we could consider is Hakeem and that would be only to honor him.

12. lpbman

lpbman Member

I'd MUCH rather have Kevin Willis than Dream

Kevin's value on the court has diminished, but he's still a great weightroom/lockerroom guy

I love Hakeem, but he's spoiled... he complained when he lost his position to Eric Montross last year
    We don't need to honor Dream by benching him all season, disrupting team chemistry, and taking on his horrible contract
    Eric Montross... egh! RETIRE

13. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

I dont think Dream wants our Honor. Besides this is a business you dont throw a million dollars at someone just to honor them, We must make wise investments with our money, and throwing a one million dollar + retirment party is not good business!

14. aznlincolnpark

Rox has Ming, cato, and collier for center... that why Rox released Willis