1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We need to step up the James Harden All-Star push

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 11, 2017.

1. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

What a ****in MORON! RedNation make sure he gets hell on twitter.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Harden is guaranteed to be in......right?

Isn't he in 2nd?

DD

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

There is, quite literally, zero logic in voting Paul over Harden. None. Zilch. Nada.

s3ts likes this.
  4. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

Today is the last day to vote so the results aren't final yet.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He will be there regardless though, no way he doesn't make it, Gordon should be too.

DD

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Coaches and media will vote him in, if there is a slight chance he does not make it as a starter.

7. mightybosstone

Harden will likely be a starter and is a lock to make the team, but I think Gordon is a pretty big long shot to be an All-Star. If you look at the West right now, guards are insanely deep. Obviously Harden, Westbrook and Curry are locks. But then you've got Paul, Lillard and Thompson, who are all better players and more likely to get in. So that's six guards right there. Based on the way the rosters are set up, the most back court players you can likely have on a roster, barring major injuries, is six. Of those six players, who is Gordon going to get in ahead of?

Raider17 and malakas like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think Gordon will be an option when one or two major guards are injured.

9. malakas

malakas Member

No.
    Because some of DJ, Marc Gasol, LMA, Conley ,Hayward and Gobert will be left out. So unless there are many injuries they will get in.
    When there are injuries you don't have to replace guard with guard.
    Gordon doesn't have a chance.

10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Lillard is having a sub par year, he is not even the best guard in his own team.

Being said that, there is zero hope EG can get in before the other 5 guys ahead of him.

11. mightybosstone

I don't think McCollum is better than Lillard (statistically he's a tier below), but he's another guy who I would probably put ahead of Gordon if I were ranking guards in the West right now.

12. mightybosstone

Exactly. Even if a guard goes down, there's just too much talent overall in the West for Gordon to get in. I would love to see him make the roster, but I think it would take multiple injuries for Gordon to have a shot.

13. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

McCollum clearly is shooting the ball better and more efficient than Lillard this year, even the stats will show the differences. Also attendance counts, Lillard missed 5 games due to injury and McCollum was carrying the team by himself only.

14. mightybosstone

Lillard: 26.3/6.1/4.8 on 44.8%/34.2%/89.1% shooting percentages with a 58.6% TS%, 23.3 PER and a .166 WS/48
    McCollum: 23.8/3.8/3.6 on 48.4%/42.5%/90.3% shooting percentages with a 59.3% TS%, 21.2 PER and a .133 WS/48

McCollum's shooting percentages look great on paper, but he's only slightly more efficient than Lillard as a scorer because Lillard gets to the line twice as much. And Lillard produces far more overall on the court in terms of scoring, playmaking and rebounding than McCollum. I like CJ a lot, but he's not on Lillard's level yet. McCollum is basically the poor man's Klay Thompson, while Lillard is the poor man's Curry.

malakas likes this.
  15. malakas

malakas Member

I don't think that either Lillard or CJ make the all star team anyway.

16. mightybosstone

It's quite possible. And if neither of those guys make it, there's zero chance that Gordon gets in. But if I were a betting man, my guess is that Lillard makes the team as the fifth guard over Thompson. And if they end up carrying six guards, I think Lillard definitely gets in.

17. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I think the logic choice will be 5 guards and Thompson will get in over Lillard because his team is better.

and they will go 7 forwards.

18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

As for front court in the west, obviously Zaza and Blake are not going to make it, so there isn't much left for debate but I would think they will choose Gasol over LMA.

19. malakas

malakas Member

In Windhorst opinion Steph Curry won't make it as a starter because the players dont' like him and won't vote for him.

He also said that many players dont' appreciate Kawhi and think that all the praise is not deserved and his more a system player.

DonKnock likes this.
  20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I believe that. We saw it with Harden 2 years ago with the "Players" MVP. I think most players feel like Curry gets off easy with having so many star players on the team. Everyone knows Draymond is the heart of that team. Players respect Harden, Westbrook and LeBron because they are grinders and put their teams on their backs.

DonKnock and malakas like this.