1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We need to step up the James Harden All-Star push

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 11, 2017.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

That's correct. He does a weekly? daily? spot with MAD Radio

2. justtxyank

Go listen, I'm sure they put the shows online? It was right about 8:45 to 9AM. He wasn't crapping on Harden though. He said in any other year Harden could be the MVP, but not this with what Westbrook was doing.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

FYI: thought I'd save you some time if you are tweeting Harden 10 times per day.

you can't vote for Harden 10 times per day on each platform. Malakas said yesterday it's only 1 per player per platform, but you have 10 votes for 10 different players. So, the way understand it is you can vote a complete ballot once per day per platform, and a ballot is 10 different players.

Is that correct @malakas ?

DonKnock and malakas like this.
  4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

If fan vote is just 50% - I can see the players/media both putting Curry 3rd.
    That's the way the NBA rules page explains it - 10 unique players/day

5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

What I get from these results are.

1. Lebron is still the king only guy with over 1m votes.
    2. Warriors are the favorite team worldwide it's not even close there starting five has well over 3m votes combined.
    3. Harden is more liked than us rockets fans think. He's only 30k votes from Curry and actually closer to curry than Westbrook is to him.
    4. Eric Gordon is getting love and thats directly a result of other NBA fans recognizing that the rockets are a top team.
    5. The astros pitcher is a moron. Stay in your own lane homie. Vegas had the rockets as a fringe playoff team and thunder as a mid tier 47 win team. If you like Russ more than harden that's fine he's had a fabulous season but don't hold harden hostage because he actually makes his players better. That guy needs to focus on his craft because 2 years in a row the pitchers for the astros have let the team down, that's fact.

6. justtxyank

I think it's 10 times on twitter, but every other platform is just 1.

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Westbrook can have the All Star MVP (again) because we all know he will be gunning for it (again).

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I don't remember what the numbers looked like on the "first returns" Was curious if Harden distanced himself from RW. Did Harden gain ground on Curry? Gordon looks like he gained ground on Lillard which is cool.

9. heypartner

Fwiw: If Curry wins the fan vote, he is mathematically in per the ranking point system with tie-breaker going to the fan vote -- assuming Curry doesn't fall to 4th in player or media vote. This goes with anyone who wins the fan vote, as long as they don't get a 4th place by media/players.

Further, the 3rd place finisher is mathematically out, unless they sweep the player and media votes, combined with the 2nd place finisher getting no better than a 2-2-3 outcome.

So, it is indeed critical that Harden get top 2 in fan vote, because one of Harden and WB lose out if Curry wins fan vote.

See previous page for my math.

DonKnock likes this.
  10. heypartner

Both malakas and SamFisher are saying it's one ballot per day on twitter, like everywhere. A ballot is 10 unique players. It will ignore any duplicate players per day.

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Regarding fan vote. Rockets need to win the next two games, Memphis and @ Brooklyn. Those wins get the Rockets back in the headlines and better chances for general NBA fans to vote Harden.

12. justtxyank

The Rockets are misinforming then because their twitter feed has said you can retweet ten times a day.

13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Pachulia? Are KC Royals fans voting?

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

DonKnock and DreamShook like this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This is most surprising.

16. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

He's one of my favorite Astros, but that's a terrible opinion. Stick to the baseball Lance ;)

adw likes this.
  17. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

#nbavote james harden

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

They got me with it today, now all my facebook friends think I am a wierdo who posts comments repeatedly like an old man on a Nokia windows phone.

Thankfully my Clutchfriends know that I am calm and even-keeled.

19. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Keep voting for EGo get him over Lillard!

justtxyank likes this.
  20. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Voted on NBA.com and FB for the Beard

DonKnock likes this.