1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We need to step up the James Harden All-Star push

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 11, 2017.

1. tnopham

tnopham Member

Just tweet anything with "James Harden" in it and end it with #NBAVOTE or if you follow the Houston Rockets on twitter just retweet anything they tweet out.

Example: I really like the new James Harden Adidas shoes. #NBAVOTE

BigM likes this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

How do they score the votes. Fans are only a % of the votes as media and players have votes too

If they say the #1 fan vote recipient gets a set number for the win (like an electoral block), then it is important to win or get 2nd with a drop off for 3rd. But if it is straight % of the popular vote, then it won't really matter too much if he barely gets beat, as the deciding votes would be media and players with fan being essentially a tie - a push

Makes sense.

3. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Does this mean GSW will be overpaying everyone in their starting line up?

4. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I've retweeted every James Harden #NBAVote I see dammit!

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

This is all b.s. The fans have spoken and the 5ppg Zaza is the best center in the West. If anyone else starts, I'm calling shenanigans.

6. threepointshot3

The GSW bandwagon fans are everywhere unfortunately .

ricardo1979 and DonKnock like this.
  7. WestendMassive

The Westbrook media push is ridiculous. Have a look at ESPN.com/nba right now.

Top five headlines all about Westbrook, it's as if there is only one game being played today.

ricardo1979 and DonKnock like this.
  8. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

To be fair Westbrook is as deserving as Harden to be an All-star starter. The problem was that GSW fan boys made the undeserving Curry or even Zaza leading the votes.

ricardo1979 likes this.
  9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I agree and have without a doubt been doing my part. There is zero reason that we can't get him in as a starter.

China!! Where are you at!?!?

rockpileindisma and DonKnock like this.
  10. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I've voted on both my phone and computer for about 10 days in a row, so I feel like I'm making a dent. :)

DonKnock, BigMaloe and mikol13 like this.
  11. WestendMassive

Yep I've got no problem with Westbrook being a starter, he's having an amazing season himself. He just doesn't need to be rammed down our throats... the headlines today: Westbrook and Green trade big blocks, Westbrook and Payne bust a move, Westbrook farts during timeout ... it's just too much.

They did the same thing with Curry last year, the pricks just latch on to someone in the preseason and never stop pumping up their tyres because they want to be seen as clever and knowledgeable.

DonKnock likes this.
  12. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

No joke, all Yao Ming has to do is tweet James Harden #NBAVote and all his countrymen will retweet that ish

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Can't you text a vote? How do you do that? I have no social media.

14. heypartner

I totally forgot Pachula almost made it last year as a Mav...via a huge Georgian voting campaign ... only 14,000 votes behind Kawhi for third spot for a big/wing

I guess he was why they gave votes to players and media ... fearing more similar campaigns would happen.

malakas likes this.
  15. heypartner

This needs to be done

BigMaloe likes this.
  16. malakas

malakas Member

the first case. What matters is the order you are voted, not the raw amount of votes. Same with the players' and media's vote. Fan vote will be used as tie breaker if two players have the same final score.

So I think Harden will no doubt be in top2 in media and player vote. Even if he's 3 in fan vote I think he will make it.
    I give him 10 votes a day.

17. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

All you people complaining about fan voting kind of baffle me... If it was up to me, Harden would start every day of the damn week and twice on Sunday. He absolutely "deserves" to. But the All-Star starting lineup isn't about "deserves", and similarly it's not up to me, or you, or anyone in particular. It's up to everyone who watches, as well it should be. For the millionth time, this league exists because of the fans and for the fans. It's not about presenting players with basketball achievement awards. It's about entertaining us, and if people think Westbrick or Stepania are more entertaining or deserving than Harden for whatever idiotic reason, so be it.

I hate the fact that the fan vote only counts for 50% this year, personally. Not many of us were complaining back when an injured McGrady was winning appearances over more healthy and [as a result] productive guards in the west... I know I wasn't. Same with Yao, and on one or two occasions, even Steve Francis, even if not for health reasons.

... But now that I've stepped down from my soap box, I 100% support the idea of this thread. Get the vote out and get Harden to start over those other two overrated b!tches.

18. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Westbrook is having a great season... but Harden is having a better one.

19. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

James Harden isn't an all-star, he's not even 3rd team all-nba

20. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

This is why we need everyone to vote. We have clowns like this in the game thread saying Harden lost the MVP after losing 1 game out of the last 10 and still scoring 30 points.

If alleged Rockets fans are doing this just imagine what Curry dicc riders are saying