1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We need to rebuild this team with a new coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rfila, Apr 29, 2007.

1. rfila

rfila Member

I know the series is not over, we can still beat Jazz. But honestly, I have lost my faith in this team and I do not care as much as I did just a few days ago as whether we will make the second round. This team is worse than it appears, it needs to be rebuilt.

I know we are stucked with T-mac, Jho's big contracts. But the biggest problem is JVG, who lacks the vision for playoff which is necessary for any championship coach. Before I go into any detail, just compare Rockets and SAS. No matter how dissapointing SAS plays during the first half of the regular season, you know they will be ready for the play off. On the other hand, no matter how impressive Rockets plays the entire regular season, you just can not honestly tell where the team goes.

Everything happens for a reason. A coach must know how to use what he has to maximum. JVG is definitely not one of them. An example is Wells. Every player has his weakness, Wells certainly has some problem, the problem you already knew before you got him. You do not expect to change him into exactly what you want him to be. That is not going to happen. What value to the team has left after you fail on him? Two million dollars to show you are a tough coach? The samething goes to V-span, Syder, in different ways. Why JVG is surrounded with so many lose-lose cases? It is most likely on him than on the other part.

Getting short handed is just one failure. Another failure is to truly control the team. I may suprise some people saying this. I am not saying players ignore his play on defense or offense on court. I am saying he can not get into players head and remind some players it is all about the team, not individual performance. Take T-mac as an example, I do not deny T-mac's talent, although I never put him in the same catagery with Kobe(I did not pay attention to him before he was with Rockets). I do not understand why people keep saying he is one of the most unselfish stars in the league. To me, Kobe is less selfish. Selfish is not about whether you shoot or you assist, it is about how your deal with your individal performance and the team performance. If you watch both of them closely, you can see quit often, Kobe force a short because he think he got better chance to get it in while T-mac force a short because he think he is a better player. There is a sutle difference here. I know this is going to get flamed, but it is my honest opinion after years observation. The difference is, Kobe wants his team win more than T-mac, who is still care too much about his own glory, sad to say. JVG never got the job done here, this is the true reason so many times the rockets games were out of control. And today's 5-second-special before half time is just one of many forms in display.

I can still go on with his offense etc. But I get tired.

Button line is, Rockets will never win a championship under JVG, he needs to go.

He needs to go before anything else.

2. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

It's the personnel, not the coach. Hayes, Head, Howard, and Alston are way way below average players who get big minutes. Unless both of our stars are at the top of their game, we will lose to any reasonably good team.

3. istream

istream Member

getting rid of jvg, love that idea more than anything

4. TheNextDLno8

TheNextDLno8 Member

i think we just need 1 more good player and 2 diffrent players(energetic) to make the bench strong(Jasikovicius from GS to the bench and A.parker from toronto to the first team thats it!!)

5. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

While I disagree about those guys being way below average, I do think that they have to all play great games for us to have a chance at beating playoff teams...and that's a big reason why we just lost 2 games.

But did this really need it's own thread?

6. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Imagine if we had 2 more guys like Giricek or Harpring...damn this team would be crazy good.

Seriously, we are 1 or 2 solid/good role players away from being champions!!!!!!!!

(or making the second round)

7. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

if losing jvg means rafer comes off the bench, then im all for it

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

rebuilding will burn a year or two off of Yao's career.

9. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

In 04-05 we had pretty good role players in Sura, James, and Barry. Now we have Alston, Head, and Snyder. Thats a HUGE difference. I know some will disagree, but I strongly feel that our supporting cast has been downgraded.

10. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

Maybe we can get Posey back during the offseason.

11. Madman George

Madman George Member

too soon for this thread.

12. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

JVG to the exit and Rudy T coming in would be a dream right now.

What happened to our championship coach? Has he retired from basketball entirely or what?

13. matty101

matty101 Member

Umm this quote clearly proves you are indeed a bandwagon supporter, along with all the other people who are making threads about how much we suck and how little TMACs heart is and how Luther and Juwan should be benched.

Seriously people, think about what your saying, and if you wouldnt say it if we had won the game, then you probably shouldn't say it.

I would understand if we limped into the playoffs winning 2 of our last 10 games and then showed up bad in the playoffs but that didn't happen.

If any of you thought going into Utah, a place where they lost only 10 games all year, and coming out without struggling are insane. They ARE a quality team people!!

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, Harpring in particular would be awesome on this team......

DD

15. Rockets64

Rockets64 Member

This fact can't be emphasized enough. Same goes for why T-Mac is 0-5 in the playoffs. It's the personnel, not T-Mac.

16. Rockets64

Rockets64 Member

Charlie Rosen must look like a total idiot right now. He said the Jazz played their best, but can't beat us because it's a personnel problem. WRONG! It is actually us with the personnel problem. We just don't have enough scorers. We have a total of ONE consistent play maker.

Jazz have plenty of bodies and scorers. Boozer, Okur, Fisher, Williams, Harpring, and Giricek can all shoot. Millsap and Brewer are basically our Hayes, but since they're much deeper, they don't play much. Kirilenko is also another hustle guy that can play serious D.

17. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

at least

and thats what bothers me

Yao and Battier are ready for a championship

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I hear Rick Carlisle might need a job.

19. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

i say we trade whatever and whoever we can for kevin durant :D

20. JimRaynor55

JimRaynor55 Member

Hell no. T-Mac's back isn't going to hold up forever, if you can even say it's holding up for now. Don't overreact over a couple losses, the Rockets are a good team. You don't blow something up when it isn't broken.