1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We need to pick up Patric Young!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Samdogg36, Jun 27, 2014.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Dumb move for Young if he signs

Asik/Davis/Anderson/Ajinca are all under contract next season and are going to be taking up almost all the minutes. He also joined Davis's team when he's not a kentucky fan. Young Y U NO join Florida star Parsons and the rockets when we have no backup center!?!?

2. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Given that Capela is not "ready" Patric Young could get minutes. Who else do Rox have to play backup 5: Donuts? Marcus Camby?

3. fattz

fattz Member

He would have been fun to watch grow -- sounds and looks like a good pick-up for NOP. We missed out on a nice person / player (on the cheap - G.Smith 2.0 - but with better size)

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Jordan Hill?
    Dajuan Blair?
    Jason Smith?
    Emeka Okafur?
    Elton Brand?

There are plenty of FA bigs, surely we would be able to get one of them for the min?

5. Fantasma Negro

Brand is done, has been for about three years now. Emeka Okafor can't play a full season and he just had neck surgery, he's transitioning into sports management so I expect him to retire soon. Jason Smith is a scrub. So viable options are Blair and Frye. Might as well see what we have in Capella

6. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Looks like another Joey Dorsey.

7. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

james michael mcadoo please

8. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

The problem is we need a guy that can at least be serviceable defensively and rebounding the ball at the 5. I think Smith could spot there but not full time backup, plus he will probably command a couple million at least. Okafor if healthy would be ok, but that is unlikely and who knows how much the injuries have sapped him. Blair really doesn't fit the need even though I am a fan of his.

Really thin out there this year.

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

Okafor I can't say because of injuries. But I'm not going out on a limb when I say Jason Smith, Blair, Frye, and Brand will all have better seasons than than Young next year. And all of them would play in front of Young next year if they were on the Rockets.

10. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

He would have been awesome with Dwight. Maybe they will pass on him after summer league is over

11. AXG

AXG Member

Wow he really fell off the radar. He was a projected lottery pick like two years ago.

12. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

Yeah after hearing the Rockets where interested in Summer League invite it is a shock he would sign on with Pelicans Summer League team. Way easier path with a team that needs a backup than a team that already has the players in place. I actually am shocked that Pelicans would even invite him givin that they don't need him. Is it possible that he could be signed before Summer League starts if he isn't under contract yet? If so hope Rockets pull it off

13. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

joey dorsey part 2

14. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

Hustle dude all the way. Not really skilled or physical enough for the next level.