1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We need to fire McHale

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BasketballReasons, Jun 29, 2012.

1. rocketsmetalspd

McHale still has not started off a season with a full preseason under his belt. I will wait to see what happens this coming season and then decide if he should be fired.

2. tofu--

tofu-- Member

I agree, and all these bed-wetter players should leave anyway. Budinger was soft and for some reason people on this board thought he was the black Larry Bird. Martin is ridiculously soft and he's getting the same treatment. As for Lowry, none of his rage is justified because Dragic beat him out of the starting spot fair and square.

If McHale genuinely does something wrong then we should certainly call for his head. As it is he's just telling everyone to stop playing like ballerinas on the court if you want playing time and some people don't like hearing it.

1 person likes this.
  3. Damion Laverne

Ban this fool!

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Fixed.

5. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

budinger and mchale did not butt-heads. budinger lost his playing time because he was inconsistent and didn't play defense. also, bud's more effective in a system like rick adelman's motion offense than mchale's pick and rolls. also, parsons was clearly outplaying him. i don't know why you would use that as a reason to fire mchale. i say give him a full preseason to work with our players and see what kind of year he has before you judge him.

6. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Have you ever noticed that the players that seem to not like the coach, are also players that have been benched or have lost playing time? Just a coincidence I guess.

7. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'm not a huge McHale fan but the reason players seem to bump heads with him is because they are overly sensitive. I mean, are these NBA players or WNBA players?

Men, man up and start taking toughening up. Bball is your job, the man ain't Sandusky, he is just asking you to play hard on both ends of the court.

8. rocketsfaninala

Why would we want to fire a coach that considering the roster and circumstances had a successful first year, holds the players accountable, and stresses defense?

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Martin had problems with the organization before McHale got here and he lost the only coach who has even embraced him. Lowry is a whiner. I love him as player, but he just is a whiner. We all see it when he's on the court. He lost his job due to injury and came back and played poorly. I'm sure he whined and McHale doesn't like whining.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

I guess OP and DD wants a team that featured Dalembert, Lowry, Kmart, C-bud and Morris. What, no you want them traded? Then the F are you siding with them over the coach?

11. jc9495

jc9495 Member

McHale wouldn't have a prayer coaching a team with a star with any type of ego. Adelman was the ultimate players' coach and could manage all egos gracefully. While I like McHale's philosophy defensivey, his 48 minutes of high pick and roll has got to go. No movement without the ball or motions. If this team has an off shooting night from 3, they would be in danger of losing to the bobcats. Not enough creativity on the offensive side.

12. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Jeff Van Gundy.. clapclap clapclapclap.. JEFF VAN GUNDY .. clapclap clapclapclap

13. joesr

joesr Member

All I know is that ever since McHale came into town, its the first time I have ever seen Martin or Scola play defense. Coincidence maybe?

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Really? You clarified a statement that could possibly be construed as racist by ensuring that the ONLY way it can be interpreted is racist? You just said that what you meant by describing Chase Budinger as the "whitest guy on the planet" is that he's nice, polite and smart. I shouldn't have to explain to you that that is racist. In fact, it isn't a large jump to assume that you then think that black = mean/impolite/stupid. I honestly don't know if I should assume you're racist or just a well-meaning imbecile.

15. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Give him one more year and decide. Lockout-shortened season is not a good indicator.

I am not impressed with him though. I agree

16. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

He's not the greatest coach ever, but he holds players accountable and stresses giving your absolute best at all times.

He really enforces playing tough defense, runs a lot of pick and rolls and has hardly any motion off the ball.

Basically, he's Scott Brooks without the superstar.

17. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

'hes a leader of men'

18. cod

cod Member

JVG + rookies = :grin:

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You do realize that you just contradicted yourself here - correct? In #1 you say he hasn't had time to develop the big men. In #2 you say he hasn't developed Patterson or Morris.

20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This is a great post. Players need to be a LOT more thick-skinned if they ever going to accomplish anything in this league. My only major beef with McHale, if Thorpe is correct, if that he will not play players he doesn't like. I suspect the truth is somewhere in the middle: Thorpe talking out of his arse and McHale's doghouse for people he does not like.