1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We need Rajon Rondo!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jcmoon, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Adding Rondo won't fix jack unless McHale and team make a better effort to correct their underlying problems.

2. davestrate

davestrate Member

3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I agree with you on the Brewer point. IMO, he has to be in the rotation. I like McHale, but I don't understand the willingness to experiment with starting Dwight and Asik together for defensive purposes, but give ZERO minutes to your best perimeter defender.

Bev/Lin
    Harden/Brewer
    Parsons/Brewer
    Jones/Casspi
    Howard/Asik

Lin and Casspi first off the bench, baring foul trouble from Howard. Brewer and Asik in next to rest Harden/Parsons and Howard. Toss Garcia in for spot minutes as needed.

Obviously subject to matchups and not set in stone, but that's your nine man rotation Coach.

4. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

I'm glad you can see the light. And to all those who disagree, notice I said "win an NBA championship". Lets not fall in love with our players like parsons or Lin. The goal in not to simply make the playoffs. Its to win it all.

5. howo13579

howo13579 Member

We need Lebron James. While we're at it we should get Paul George, Tim Duncan, Marc Gasol. Bev backs up Rondo, Harden backs up James, Howard backs up Gasol, Parsons backs up George, Jones backs up Duncan. We'll be unbeatable.

6. CONAN 888

CONAN 888 Rookie

Dumb. Our pg just tied big shot BoB for most made 3 in a game and you want to trade him for someone who has never him more that 3 jumpshots in one game.
    So you want the opposing D to sag down evenmore to double D12/
    Dumb Dum Dumb

7. tie22fighter

tie22fighter Contributing Member

Going into the season, Jeremy's performance is going to be inversely proportional to the health of Harden. Similarly, Asik's performance is going to be inversely proportional to the health of Howard.

Trade values for both Jeremy and Asik will become lower and lower and will hit bottom comes playoff time.

Boston is in re-build mode. Rondo can be had.

We can trade for a power forward. But that doesn't solve our need to correct some fundamental problems for our existing two stars.

Having Rondo can have multiplicative effect on all three positions.

He is the only player with enough cred that are available to us. I guess Chris Paul can force Harden and Howard to play the right way, but we are not going to get Paul.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If Rondo is healthy, he would be a perfect PG for this team. I guy who averaged double figure assists a game??? Oh yeah. A perfect fit next Harden and Howard.

9. jcmoon

rondo's J is much better than when he first came in the league. I don't think our point guard must be a good three point shooter. But obviously, the 2, 3, and 4 must be, so we'd have to have a stretch 4. Rondo is a very good mid range shooter:

http://vorped.com/bball/index.php/player/shotchart/829-Rajon-Rondo/season/2012-2013-REG

10. Remii

Remii Member

Rondo is a head case... Ray Allen wanted to get away from him and Doc wanted to get away from him... Harden is just in his first year as a starter and he needs a head coach who is a teacher... You're a Rockets fan _ don't you remember how long it took Olajuwon to get it together...? But you expect it to happen with Harden over night...?? Lol.. And also last nights performance showed that it's not just Harden's defense _ BUT EVERYONE'S defense. At least Harden usually out plays his man but last night every starter in the 76ers scored no less than 15 points in that's terrible. Just showing effort on the defensive end is nothing if you're not stopping anyone from scoring. The Rockets need a coach... And as bad as you say Harden's defense is _ they where freaking worst without him...

And the Rockets don't have enough to trade for Rondo anyway... Boston can get a lot more for him than Asik, Parsons, and Lin... They are not that desperate. How good do you think those guys are...??? A center who can't catch, a small forward who can't play defense when he's trying to score, and a point guard who has his moments in the regular season but disappears in the playoffs... Yea I'm sure Boston would jump on that...

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

EDIT...

#31 ROXTXIA, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  12. jcmoon

i really like george hill, similar to derek fisher? good D, good shooter. but can't really break down a D. i'll take him, but i think we need more of a playmaker at the one who can also play really good D.

13. Remii

Remii Member

Excuse me I meant Harden is just starting his second year as a starter.

14. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Bringing in a player with that kind of mentality is a double edged sword! It can very easily cause the team to implode, so be careful what you wish for!

15. jcmoon

I would throw in a first round pick along with those three. We are in win-soon mode. Howard is not going to get any better. he is what he is. he is one more injury away from going into decline. he's not going to learn how to shoot.

Harden can definately be coached into defering. But its not going to change the fact that he is a 2 and not a 1.

16. Remii

Remii Member

Eric Bledsoe... He's a scoring point guard that can play off the ball and he's a very good defender. I would talk him over Rondo to play next to Harden. If Harden and Lin can't get on the same page...

17. jcmoon

I've not watched bledsoe enough. But he sounds good too.

18. Remii

Remii Member

The Rockets first round picks want be worth anything... And Morey messed up by going after Howard IMO... Because he has no post game. And more than likely _ LeBron has the championship wrapped up for the next year or two regardless of what any other team does. The Rockets should have spent the next year or two letting these guys develop before adding a max contract player. Young teams usually don't win championships anyway. Miami and San Antonio are amongst the oldest teams in the league. Now if what Olajuwon and McHale is teaching Howard sinks in and he becomes a dominant go to post player by the playoffs _ different story...

19. Remii

Remii Member

I think he would fit good with Harden because he was good in the backcourt with CP3 and he's putting up 21 points and 7 assit with Goran... Which shows he doesn't have to dominate the ball to be effective _ unlike Harden and Lin...

20. pnr

pnr Member

Lol. He has a 28% usage rate. Goran is the one off ball...