1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We need Boozer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JD88, Jul 16, 2014.

1. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Move on for Boozer, the rockets are not going to give up that much to get him.

2. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Dragic is a pipe dream at this point, IMO. Maybe at the trade deadline depending on how this season goes for the Suns. But they have plenty of minutes to disperse between Dragic, Bledsoe, and I.Thomas at the 1 and 2. Tyler Ennis has a lot to prove before he ousts Dragic, who was nearly an all-star last year.

3. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

I agree we should go after Boozer, but how is 36% shooting 3-16 feet a good thing?

4. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

So anybody know if Boozer got offended for being amnestied by Bulls?

5. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Some of you guys read too much into Stats and need to actually start watching players and the game....

Stats don't tell the whole story... Stats can actually be very deceiving....

T_Man

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Sure, for the minimum (and money won't be an issue because, IIRC, new $ that he makes gets offset by getting less from the Bulls) he won't be bad to have.

But slim chance Boozer ends up in Houston. Some team like Charlotte is going to bid on him. And even as a free agent, he may not choose Houston.

7. houactuar

houactuar Member

Never say never. Boozer only has one year left on contract. Not sure what min bid is, $1M, $2M and then chicago pays rest of his guaranteed money next year. He could cut down some guys if he thought Boozer would make a difference. Not sure if he would, but its possible, low risk high reward kind of play if it worked out. The rockets roster is like pawn stars, you never no whats going to walk through that door.

8. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Yeah, no way Morey is this stupid. After the past week I'm pretty sure he's not gonna tie the noose tighter.

9. houactuar

houactuar Member

Sealed bids for 48 hours, you can't have someone else knowing your bid so they can outbid you. I guess DM would have to go under cap to bid, my bad. I dont think he does that.
    I guess no chance to get him. Can a team who claims him trade him to the Rockets? Not sure they can do that either.

10. houactuar

houactuar Member

Wait, are we not under the cap? Didn't they clear cap space to make room for Bosh, ditching Lin and Asik didn't that clear enough to sign Bosh? And then we signed Ariza and Dorsey, not Daniels yet I don't think.... We should be under? No?

11. do work son

do work son Member

the rockets aren't wasting their exceptions by bidding on boozer.

12. houactuar

houactuar Member

13. houactuar

houactuar Member

So Brooks fills more of a need than Boozer? I dont know. I like the rookie point guard in summer league. So do you lose those rights if you bid, or only if you win the bidding and end up with Boozer. I can see bidding if you only lose the rights if you win. Otherwise, I would not give up rights if I might also not get Boozer.

14. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

He'd be a great pickup. A lot of teams are going to want him though. You get him for a couple of million more than you paid Dorsey, great move to go after him.

15. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

16. arjun

arjun Member

you have to first renounce the exceptions...and then you can place a bid.

17. houactuar

houactuar Member

That's bogus. Bad rules, bad system. Capology sucks. Too much of a gamble then to come away with nothing if someone else bids more.

18. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I like booze off the bench punishing the 2nd team power forward in the post when Dwight checks out

19. Da34Box

Da34Box Member

Boozer and Harden on the defensive end would be liking using cheat codes but against yourself.

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Dang, what happened to Boozer's stock? He used to be a highly regarded, formidable force. Now, it seems everyone is talking about him like he sucks and is more of a liability. I guess I missed what happened in Chicago and the Boozer experiment there did not turn out well. Was it a case of being injured or...?