1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We need a superstar!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Captain Hook, Nov 30, 2010.

1. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Mayo is interesting, ^^ reasons he is better then Kev but he doesn't rebound or assists well and he doesn't shoot anywhere near as good as Martin. Thabeet has underacheived but lets see him hit the gym with dream for a summer.

2. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I hope Cousins is out of reach -- I think his career will mirror that of Eddie Curry. Both have all the tools except for working brain pans.

Working a trade for Mayo and Thabeet would be amazing for us, but I don't know what the Grizz would want from us. They are set at PG (Conley); SG (Henry); SF (Gay); PF (Randolph); and C (Gasol). That leaves draft choices, but I hope Morey doesn't give those away.

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

for realz yall.

4. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

We need upgrades on all positions--but most immediately at both the C and SF positions.

Can't wait for Yao to get healthy and can't wait for Bud to figure things out.

We also need a more athletic SG and a PG who can shoot, pass and defend.

5. Sanity2disChaos

Lol!.............and the sky is falling..........this is already known by millions.Even the 1 billion chinese fans are aware of this!! Its internationally known!!..............moving on :grin:

6. vick

vick Member

No one would give us a star player, for the players we have. We could give half our team, it wouldnt be enough. At the trade deadline, expiring contracts, draft picks, and young, cheap contracts will get someone. It probably will be someone like Iggy. Not a true STAR. Only way to possibly get a star is in the draft. It will take time to coach him up. Look at our team, they all suck, no one wants them. :eek:

7. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

And don't forget that we are the "deepest team in the league" with all of those young tradeable "assets" that Daryl "The Genius" Morey has assembled.

8. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

This is a guy who was constently bashing McGrady because he was injued and took Yaos glory. The hippocracy.

9. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Wow... how many of these types of threads do we have already? lol

Anyways... i'm beginning to question the moves that Morey has made over the last couple of years in which we've lost a lot of our grit, fire, and attitude.

Some of the players I wouldnt mind having back are: Rafer Alston, Carl Landry, Ron Artest, and Von Wafer.

All had ability to create their own shot, create something out of nothing, and played with FIRE, DESIRE, GRIT, and TOUGHNESS.

This team is missing ALL of the above. Brooks and Yao will not bring FIRE, DESIRE, GRIT or TOUGHNESS.

This is a finesse team and seems like its been built incorrectly by Morey. And its tough to blame Adelman because these are the cards that he's been dealt with.

We need to move and trade some pieces around to and bring some toughness back to this team.

10. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Legit superstars are rare.

Most of the names being thrown including "Iggy" and the rest of the guys that might be available are stars but not legit superstars. They alone won't make this team a contender, without Yao, AB or Scola.

What this team does need right now is consistency but because of injuries and Adelman's own experimentation we aren't getting that. Hopefully this is just a more pronounced slow start and that in December they will get things turned around.

11. Raven

Raven Member

Yes, we do, and it's looking like the only way to get that type of player is through the draft.

12. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Agree, but Morey would never take the gamble unless that player is the consensus No. 1 in the entire draft. Even then, I'd wager he would trade down in the draft to get "added value" -- perhaps Kyle Singler (a senior) and some proven glue.

13. amaru

amaru Member

Where would we be without you Captain Obvious? :eek:

14. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

is this your first thread? if it is then NO **** GENIUS. we needed a superstar from the beginning. it's just that we believed in so much hype.
    if we get a superstar i don't think adelman will let him play :rolleyes: probably will take him out when he's hot

15. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

You absolutely do not have to get the 1st pick of the draft to draft potential star players. Check where Russell Westbrook, Chris Paul, or Deron Williams were drafted.

Secondly, proven glue is not what is needed at this time. Proven glue is wanted when you want to shored up the team. We need a total rebuild. The same old modus operandis has not worked.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I came into this thread specifically to say this! haha

17. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i'm so glad you made this thread :rolleyes:

18. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

woops didn't mean to quote someone, and sorry for double post

19. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

I don't think anyone would disagree with you, including Morey. And if this kind of player was available, the deal would have been done long ago. They don't grown on trees.

20. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Some of the players we have can and should be kept and can be part of a successful team. Others should go and new blood should be brought in in their place. There are not just two options -- total rebuild and proven glue. There are many other options in between. The idea of throwing out good pieces as part of a "total rebuild" is plain dumb.

You're right, though -- you don't have to somehow secure the first pick to draft potentially great players. And those people who advocate this as the best way to build a contender are more than likely in for a lot of heartbreak. It's a fool's errand. Top picks don't always pan out. I think the strategy has to be more complex than that.