1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"We have Ron Artest"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I hope at the end of the season we aren't saying the same thing : "I can't believe we got Ron Artest..."

2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Nope, not for me....considering the organization. They went out and got Clyde, Barkley, Pippen, Francis and T-Mac. It didn't always work out but Les has shown he will make a big move if he can.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is just no way, that is completely ridiculous.

He was not in the same ballpark as Dream, nor Shaq, Wilt, Russel, Kareem, Moses, Walton..........

Not even close to those guys.

4. Layupdrill

Layupdrill Member

ok watching that is really sad...

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

6. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

No one is correctable so I don't try. Just state my opinion on what I see. And I saw what you saw....To be fair he put Dream and others in a seperate 'tough minded' category. And stats minded player is a matter of opinion. But all the other stuff was some factional, polarizing stuff that would get me or other people close to rookie-fied.

About Artest being on the Rockets. I'm most certainly glad he was acquired & he figures to be a most useful addition. I remember the excitement with the acquisitions of Barkley & Pippen. But usually after 3 games its back to cursing them out dropping F bombs when they don't produce :eek: Plus, I dont think it will, but Artest might stand to flame out like Pippen with the Rox or Rodman with the Spurs. Not trying to take away any excitement but my "We Have Have Ron Artest" will deferred until the postseason

7. Greg M

Greg M Member

Poor analogies. Pippen, Barkley and Rodman were all over the hill when those trades went down. Artest is ripe. How team chemistry will be is yet to be seen. But, Artest is saying all the right things.

8. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

ditto.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think if Yao was in the 1986 Wester Conference Finals,
    we wouldn't make the Finals. Yao has issues getting rebounds from Okur and Boozer, Yao would have issues with Kurt Rambis, nevermind Kareem.

And I know every single person here who says Yao is tougher than Ralph didn't exist when he played.

What Greatest Moments in NBA History has Yao done for us?
    Year 3, Ralph helped beat the Lakers with Magic. Dream was still raw in his second year.

by the way, Yao is still slow as a turtle, Ralph was quick and could run faster than a gazelle.

eat some Ralph Highlights
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XGj4W9V-wCk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XGj4W9V-wCk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

10. tinman

Supporting Member

The fake Rocket fans who diss Ralph Sampson,
    you diss Sampson you diss the Summit,
    you diss the 1985 Team, you diss the Twin Towers, you diss Houston, you diss God, you diss yourself.

11. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

Tinman, what do you have against the younger supporters?
    Who made this rule that you have to know about Rockets history before becoming a legitimate fan?
    I am a young rockets supporter, I was never a supporter of Houston during the 80's 90's or the early 21st century. Does that make me less of a Rockets fan than you? I'm only a teenager so I don't understand your concept of you must gain knowledge of Rockets history before you can support them...

12. tinman

Supporting Member

I belong to the country called Clutch City, est 1993, when Vernon Maxwell and the Rockets dumped the tea in the Gulf of Mexico and told Sir Eddie Sefko to don't tread on me with this Choke City crap.

The nation grew and prospered, but the liberal law makers of Clutch City didn't fund education and the citizens of Clutch City forgot why it was formed.

Then we let Visas out to terrorists who were #23 Bulls Jerseys and Orlando Jerseys, they come eat our food and claim to be part of Clutch City, but they are here to destroy us.

the Citizens of Clutch City had enough with these clowns and they elected Ron Artest as our new Secretary of Defense. Ron Artest will only recruit Tru Wariers to fight our fights, not soft fake citizens.

Hail Ron Artest!

13. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

You need help fast! Please check yourself into a near hospital ward and don't come out.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

This has nothing to do with age dude.
    I NEVER said stuff dissing Rocket heroes that I have never seen, I have never dissed Elvin Hayes, Calvin Murphy, Moses Malone.

Do you support people who blindly say Yao Ming was better than a player who was a perennial All Star, who led to the NBA Finals? who led us when THE DREAM GETS KICKED OUT OF THE GAME in the playoffs?

you can't make blind statements of what you don't know. this is the Holiday Inn Express mentality of this board.

Seriously, if you have never seen Ralph Sampson play, how do you know Yao Ming is tougher?

if you claim that Michael Jordan's Bulls were better than the Rockets, how do you know if you weren't born when they played?

I think the younger fans shouldn't make statements when they have no clue about things. I don't know when Kareem was Lew Alcinder, so I let those who saw him play tell me.

I respect history, not make a mockery of it. One day in the future, your kids will return the favor and tell that the 22 win streak was a fluke.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Hi Bulls fan,
    I know you aren't happy the Cubs got swept.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Do yourself a favor and shut the hell up.

This thread was started about the excitement of having Artest on our team. You keep derailing it with your usual crap.

It was funny for a while, but it's just annoying now.

17. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

... and so were those back to back championships. It was a fluke, afterall, Jordan wasn't in the NBA, right? :rolleyes:

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Actually nobody will remember anything about the Rockets if we win zero championships with this squad, they will only know that Yao Ming was the first player from China who was worthy of being a starter on a team. and that'll be it, 22 game winning streak would be a meaningless stat in the future.

Alot of people don't deserve to watch the Houston Rockets, the Bulls fans, especially!

19. tinman

Supporting Member

No. I said it was good that Ron Artest is part of the legacy of great tough guy legacy of the Rockets and someone goes off dissing Ralph.

I only answer to Clutch pal. So bow down.

20. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

my this is getting out of topic..

Well, I just hope that all this excitement wont turn out to be the barkley pippen saga.. I believe in Adelman to get the best chemistry possible, although i think it will need some games to discover it.

Go Rockets! make this your season!

Really wanna see how artest fit into our team