1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We have plenty of assets, but when can we liquidate these assets??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonFan81, Jun 28, 2012.

1. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Yes yes.

If it didn't happen on draft night then you should definitely freak out and give up altogether.

I mean all the superstars who we had the slimmest chance of getting have already been moved to other teams right???

2. cooliobob

cooliobob Member

the sad reality as a rockets fan when you realize that the last 3 years of swimming in mediocrity were wasted hoarding trash instead of "assets".

3. jbasket

jbasket Member

Sounds like something your wife would say to you :p

4. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I'd usually be the one to argue this point but considering the trade value of players like martin and scola and ppat i tend to agree. We have a very long way to go.

5. cbk41

cbk41 Member

6. Ashes

Ashes Member

Poor form.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Maybe because we are taking guys only to trade them later and not taking guys because we actually plan on using them.

I mean for a player to have value to another team he has to have value to your team first.

I understand that maybe Morey may try to flip these guys for Josh Smith...but what if the Hawks say "Nah, we are taking this deal for Gasol that the Lakers have offered."

Now the Rockets are stuck with all these PFs and SFs...and the ones that are not getting PT are nose diving in value.

8. jbasket

jbasket Member

Like your sex positions? ;)