1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We have our Superstar James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Pride, Oct 31, 2012.

1. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

I want 6-year extension.

2. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

**** it dawg... i'm goint to da bar!

3. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

The guy that saved us from T Douglas. That dude was killing us. I haven't liked him since he joined our team, and tonight's performance just reinforced that.[/negativity]

But Harden, man...The Beard is Feared...

I was skeptical when we first traded for him. But after watching how he played tonight, I'm on his wagon starting tonight. This dude is going to save our franchise. He played solid defense. He made all the right decisions. He made all the right plays. He took all the right shots. He made all the right passes. And he's only been with the team for 4 days and has already generated THIS kind of chemistry.

That man is our savior. He's finally given me something to be excited about from our Rockets. We are SO back on the scene.

4. Eik Narf

Eik Narf Member

harden pretty much single-handed win us the game, now we jus need someone to help him out with the offense

5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

we need Al Jefferson

6. rawool

rawool Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The question was "Why are you giving $80M to a bench player, Houston?" Now it's, "What the hell was he doing on your bench, OKC?"</p>&mdash; ClutchFans.net (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/263823812360028162" data-datetime="2012-11-01T02:04:33+00:00">November 1, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

Unbelievable game! Forgot what it was like to have a game changer like Harden! I am blown away! Obviously only 1st game of season but WOW!

8. rocketry

rocketry Member

This is kinda how I felt the first time I saw Yao play . . .

9. rocketsmetalspd

Morey knows what he is doing. I am glad Harden is on the team. Just need the chemistry to take hold and this team will a true player in the playoffs. I don't what other move Morey has plan but I am sure it will work out.

10. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

he excelled because Jeremy Lin took the pressure off of him. Lin was the true leader tonight.

11. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Better yet, Harden and Lin will definitely attract another superstar to come here! Let's get that elite post player!

12. HollaIFyaHEMI

HollaIFyaHEMI Contributing Member

James Harden is the best SG in the NBA, no doubt about it. Parsons needs to step his game up. Asik looked good, but still had some fumbles. Jeremy was good at times; he still has not reached full speed. We need more depth at PG and SG. Morris had some good moments. It wasn't pretty, but he looks like he still has more potential. DELFINO IS A SHOOTER. Thank you FirstRow.

13. whozee

whozee Member

You mean: LeBEARD James Harden

1 person likes this.
  14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Maybe just let Harden do his thingy thang.... Don't change whatever it is he's doing.

15. mo_waiham

mo_waiham Member

He reminds me of Joe Johnson when he was with Phoenix. Lots of potential coming off the bench, and when he went to Atlanta, he really emerged as a star player.

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This made me laugh out loud.

But fun game to watch. Much better than I expect out of the season a few weeks ago. But let's all remember this knee jerking will come back around after our next loss.

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Lets try not to compare James Harden to Joe Johnson.

18. torocan

torocan Member

Half true. Harden needs a 2nd scoring threat or they just collapse on him. Goes the other way too.

That said, I think they're working on more of a co-operative thing right now. Makes sense since they're both very much selfless players.

During an interview Harden noted that he didn't worry about chemistry with Lin because they shared similar approaches to the game... ie, don't worry about stuffing the sheet, get your team mates involved, and be aggressive.

Honestly, if I didn't know that this was the first time Harden and Lin were playing together, I never would have been able to tell from how well they were working together.

They're going to be a very dangerous combination.

19. dream_team

dream_team Member

His 12 assists impressed me more than his 37 points. Shows he's a star looking to make his teammates better, and not simply try to do everything himself.

1 person likes this.
  20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I heard that.